Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pure Stock Racer wanting to build a SuperLark

Hello all,
    My name is Tom Miller, I live in South-West lower Michigan, about 40 minutes from Osceola Dragway.

I *just* sent in Money to join the club today. I have been in contact with several well known people within the Studebaker community telling them of my intention's,as well as seeking info on these unique cars.

I have been racing at the Pure Stock Drags for several years running various GM built cars. I have found this type of racing to be the most fun I've ever had with a car,these races are a total blast!!!
    I have also noticed that while at the Pure Stock Drags, the Studebaker gang seems to be having just a bit more fun than everyone else(other brand owners). I want in!

I want to give a special thanks to Bob Palma for being extremely generous and helpful(might as well say patient too) in answering my many questions about Studebakers, and for introducing me to some very knowledgeable well known Studebaker owners, Ted,Nelson,George,Jim(I'm forgetting some,sorry)

Anyway, my plan is to build either a 63 or 64 Supercharged Lark, so I might as well ask right here for help locating a nice candidate to build for the Pure Stock Drags. Hoping to find a car with nice body and paint, driveline not important, but if it was already a v-8 car, that would make life a little simpler.
    Color combo not important, as long as it's nice.
    No convertibles, prefer a sedan, but could live with a hard top.
    I'm not going to put a price limit on my search, the price I pay will be directly related to the condition of the car,and the way it's optioned. I'm not rich by any stretch, but I do have a very nice 69 Firebird that I have people interested in, and I will sell to finance the Lark project.

Looking forward to this project, and meeting many more of you!

Thanks,
    Tom Miller
    1939 Champion drag car project

I have a 64 Daytona hardtop with a R2/Powershift (clone) going on ebay next week. It's missing the blower and mount, but is a real R2 engine.It's in California.

JDP/Maryland
    64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
    63 GT R2
    63 Lark 2 door
    62 Gt Hawk
    62 Lark 2 door
    60 Lark HT-60Hawk
    59 3E truck
    58 Starlight
    52 & 53 Starliner
    51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

I have a 64 Daytona hardtop with a R2/Powershift (clone) going on ebay next week. It's missing the blower and mount, but is a real R2 engine.It's in California.

JDP/Maryland
      64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
      63 GT R2
      63 Lark 2 door
      62 Gt Hawk
      62 Lark 2 door
      60 Lark HT-60Hawk
      59 3E truck
      58 Starlight
      52 & 53 Starliner
      51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

Hardtops are nice, but a little heavier if memory serves. I think he
        will want to start with a 2 door sedan, other then that, would be a
        nice starting point. My brother has a '64 Daytona hardtop.

Tom

quote:Originally posted by JDP

I have a 64 Daytona hardtop with a ...
        '63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: 97 Z28 T-56 6-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
        '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
        Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
        http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
        I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Hardtops are nice, but a little heavier if memory serves. I think he
          will want to start with a 2 door sedan, other then that, would be a
          nice starting point. My brother has a '64 Daytona hardtop.

Tom

quote:Originally posted by JDP

I have a 64 Daytona hardtop with a ...
          '63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: 97 Z28 T-56 6-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
          '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
          Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
          http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
          I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Glad to see you found the SDC Tom. My little Lark is still here.....
            Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

Glad to see you found the SDC Tom. My little Lark is still here.....
              Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

Welcome to the Family, Tom.

Always room for someone who likes to have fun in a Studebaker.

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
                53 Starliner Hardtop
                Newton Grove, NC

Comment

Welcome to the Family, Tom.

Always room for someone who likes to have fun in a Studebaker.

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
                  53 Starliner Hardtop
                  Newton Grove, NC

Comment

Hey, are we in danger of destroying our "underdog " status?

This could be a disaster. Studebaker grows at the PSMCD from:
                    to novelty act....to quirky group.....to underdog....to peoples favorite?

We are in deep trouble as this could go against our traditional
                    self identity.

This is all Harbit's fault:
                    Climbing prices on the R engine cars,
                    Beautiful women sliding their voluptous bodies on the hoods,
                    Paris Hilton gets another DUI (in a Lark),
                    Barrett Jackson selling M trucks,
                    Studebaker drag racing blamed for global warming....
                    where will this all end???

Do we have an official SDC therapist?

Lark Parker aka Trim Trader
                    sigpic
                    Lark Parker --Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.

Comment

Hey, are we in danger of destroying our "underdog " status?

This could be a disaster. Studebaker grows at the PSMCD from:
                      to novelty act....to quirky group.....to underdog....to peoples favorite?

We are in deep trouble as this could go against our traditional
                      self identity.

This is all Harbit's fault:
                      Climbing prices on the R engine cars,
                      Beautiful women sliding their voluptous bodies on the hoods,
                      Paris Hilton gets another DUI (in a Lark),
                      Barrett Jackson selling M trucks,
                      Studebaker drag racing blamed for global warming....
                      where will this all end???

Do we have an official SDC therapist?

Lark Parker aka Trim Trader
                      sigpic
                      Lark Parker --Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.

Comment

Trying to imagine 7 or 8 R-series Larks showing up at a PSMCD event![:0][}]

Miscreant adrift in
                        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                        1960 Larkvertible V8
                        1958 Provincial wagon
                        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Trying to imagine 7 or 8 R-series Larks showing up at a PSMCD event![:0][}]

Miscreant adrift in
                          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                          1960 Larkvertible V8
                          1958 Provincial wagon
                          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I guess I might as well ask for a 4speed car while I'm at it?
                            I love rowing through a 4 gear car. When I leave the line my right foot goes to the floor and STAYS there until the end of the track,FUN!

Thanks for the reply's, and the welcome.

Like I said, I can go one of two ways. I'll build a car from scratch that has nice body & paint, or I guess I would consider an unrestored original R engine car.
                            I've even kicked around the idea of building a dual quad R4 64, mainly because nobody has brought one to the Pure Stock Drags....YET!!

I plan on building the engine myself, with help from members locating part's,hopefully. I would hope this would help with the cost's by doing the majority of the build myself.
                            So, a nice paint 64 sedan could get me started.Or a 63, LOL!

Comment

I guess I might as well ask for a 4speed car while I'm at it?
                              I love rowing through a 4 gear car. When I leave the line my right foot goes to the floor and STAYS there until the end of the track,FUN!

Thanks for the reply's, and the welcome.

Like I said, I can go one of two ways. I'll build a car from scratch that has nice body & paint, or I guess I would consider an unrestored original R engine car.
                              I've even kicked around the idea of building a dual quad R4 64, mainly because nobody has brought one to the Pure Stock Drags....YET!!

I plan on building the engine myself, with help from members locating part's,hopefully. I would hope this would help with the cost's by doing the majority of the build myself.
                              So, a nice paint 64 sedan could get me started.Or a 63, LOL!

Comment

Working...
                              X