Sasquatch sighting !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sasquatch sighting !

So I was asking questions about a sliding seat for my '49 C-cab and a guy Pms me that he has one he will part with for the low amout that he bought it for a while back, but decided not to use it in favor of the pin adjusting, fixed back seat.

The reason, the fixed back seat has a little more leg room because of the lack of the tube frame and the guy is a giant of a man...i mean that with love {lol} err respect.

Now I run 6" nothing and I had look up at this guy quite a bit...my guess 6' 5" ish.

You guessed it, Rick K. who goes by Sasquatch here. Great guy and very cool, or is it spelled Kuhl?

He gave me a great deal on the seat and I got to see Kingman Az covered in snow...and meet a great SDC member. I had a nice visit and he gave me my first ride in a Studebaker, at least that I can remember, and it happened to be my same year truck, just a bit heavier duty model.

Thanks Rick, have a great day.

Yeah - I prolly made a mistake when I sold that 2R17 I used to have. Damned thing had a GVW rating that even my bulk couldn't stress!
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Thanks Kelly. You're pretty close, I'm 6'-6" and barely fit in my C cab without the sliding seat. (I really like the guys who have made their trucks into extended cabs.) It was great to meet another Stude truck owner and to be able to give you a ride around the 'hood in my 2R15. I'm happy that you can use the seat and frame. Your daughter should be able to reach the pedals now. Maybe I'll get over to your neck of the woods one of these days and you can give me a ride in Oscar.
      Rick
      Kingman, AZ

Comment

I would Love to give you a ride. Next time you are going to Disneyland or Sea World....Has to be at least next week since I am waiting on a gas tank now.

Comment

door hinge screws

Hi everyone; I am in need of some hinge screws as i had to drill out most of mine, any out their? Gerald McVey

Comment

SI has them, part number 2046X7.
            Rick
            Kingman, AZ

Comment

What length were they?
              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I put some 1 x 2 rectangular steel tubing between the seat adjusters and the tubing frame to raise the seat up 2". Seems to be more comfortable for my 6'.

JT

Comment

Working...
                X