My New 1966 Daytona Arrived Today!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New 1966 Daytona Arrived Today!!!

And OMG what a Beauty she is! Arriving on a full car carrier, with Mercedes, a new mustang convert, a few suv things....the driver told me at every truck stop he would come out to find people
    Looking her over. After a wash I took her out and had a bit of trouble, seemed the positive battery cable was hardly making contact. After an adjust, she was going great. It's been decades since I drove a really Sharp studebaker, and was amazed at all the attention. Four guys at the same time looking her over at the gas station! Some little bulb issues to sort out, figure out why the radio blew two fuses, get a hood insulation mat........fun!

Pictures, pictures, pictures (or a link) so we can share the joy, please! Congrats. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
      Pictures, pictures, pictures (or a link) so we can share the joy, please! Congrats. BP
      Me too, I am dieing to see some photos.
      Lou Van Anne
      62 Champ
      64 R2 GT Hawk
      79 Avanti II

Comment

Awesome, now just post some pics...
        The bulb issues are likely just corroded sockets, grounds or loose wires. The radio, probably more of the same, but may be harder to find than the bulb issue.

Comment

California cherry; just care for it and your Daytona will be happy.
          --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

That has to be Stu Chapman's finest achievement, I'd love one of those some day. What a way for Studebaker to leave the auto business, with her head held high.
            John Clements
            Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Excellent. 'Good to be happier yet when it arrives and you see it in person. Congrats. BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

That beauty just says "class" in so many ways, gorgeous car.
                JDP Maryland

Comment

Yeah, that's a classy looking car. I really like the color combo. Best of luck with your new treasure. Enjoy the ride.
                  Rog
                  '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                  Smithtown,NY
                  Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

As do I, especially with the RED interior. Most common interior color with that Mount Royal Red exterior appears to be the Champagne (off-white) color. One hardly ever sees a red interior on a '66.

Craig

Comment

Good to see another 66 out there being enjoyed .....good luck
                      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I'm not fond of green, but that's the color I find overtaking me - GREEN with envy!
                        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by JDP View Post
                          That beauty just says "class" in so many ways, gorgeous car.
                          Exactly!
                          Joe Roberts
                          '61 R1 Champ
                          '65 Cruiser
                          Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

That has to be the best looking interior I've seen in a Studebaker and a lot of other cars for that matter. Gorgeous car en-Toto.

Bob

Comment

Gorgeous car, and a disc brake car to boot!
                              Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Working...
                              X