1948 Studebaker M5 wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1948 Studebaker M5 wheel

Any suggetions on where to find a wheel to fit a 1948 M5? 16"X4.5". The truck we bought has one bent wheel. We are going to try and bend it back just so we can put a new tire on it so we can trailer it home to work on it. Thanks for any help.

Jim,
    Are you a member of SDC? Place a free want ad in TURNING WHEELS magazine. Plan on attending the Michiana Swap Meet; not that far from you.

Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Sent my check in several weeks ago and haven't heard anything back from SDC. When's the swap meet and thamks for reponding.

Comment

responded back to quick i see you attached a link.

Comment

Is Eddie Parmer still selling parts?

Comment

I have a 16" Stude truck wheel here in SC. Can you post a pic of yours for comparison? The wheel I have was on a junk T cab when I got it but might have been from an M series the seller had parted. It is definately different than the other wheels. If it works for you its cheap. Steve
            sigpic

Comment

Wolfie
              Check my profile pictures there should be 4 photos of the Wheel I'm looking for. Inside the wheel which is hidden when there is a tire on it there should be some stamped numbers 16X4.5. There maybe a couple more than that but the 16X4.5 is important. The wheel in the photo has been primed.
              Thanks for responding

Comment

kinda looks like this

Hi, I am sorry it took a few days for me to get these taken. I believe this is the wheel Steve said you need. It appears to me to be the same wheel, with exception of paint condition ; ) It is a 16" wheel that measures 4.5 from center of lug hole 1 to center of lug hole 3 (2 to 4 and 3 to 5). I believe this has a 3" center. (I could have it confused with the other 16" tire I studied today that was 3 1/4". When the rain stops I will confirm.) I took pics of the offset measurements too, if you need them. Thanks, Tracy
                Attached Files
                sigpic

Comment

The wheel is dirty and has surface rust but is actually in good shape. I will pull the tire tonight if I can get it broken down and confirm that it is a 4.5 in wheel. I cant find any stampings on the outside. Steve
                  Last edited by wolfie; 03-22-2012, 01:04 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm definately interested in it. From the photos it's pretty darn close. Ours are only grey from being sand blasted and primed. Before that they looked like your rough and red.

Comment

Working...
                    X