Old junkyard selling out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old junkyard selling out

Found this on the HAMB. Maybe some of the Georgia boys know something about it.

Caught wind of this and thought I'd share it...

"Just wanted to pass along some info on a junk yard that has just opened up due to a death in the ownership's family. This yard, which has been closed to the public for over 60 years, just opened a few weeks ago. The family has decided to sell everything. It is in Demorest GA, across the street from Advance Recycling.

It is on highway 115 between highway 384 and highway 105. They open at 1000 AM on Saturdays. I'm not sure about weekdays. I was able to find all the stainless trim I needed for my 49 Cab for a steal. They are pulling stuff out as fast as they can for crushing, but there are still alot of old trucks there. They are selling cars and trucks for the scrap value $400-$500. Parts are very reasonable.

Best way to see it on a map is go to Google Maps and search for Advance Recycling in Demorest, GA. The junk yard is across the highway from this recycling center. Feel free to pass this along to the group."
    Jamie McLeod
    Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
    1958 Commander "Christine"
    1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
    1955 Commander Sedan
    1964 Champ
    1960 Lark
Working...
X