Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEWS FLASH!!! Studebaker Revival in SB!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEWS FLASH!!! Studebaker Revival in SB!!!

Old Studebaker buildings to become "Ivy Towers"!

Last edited by Welcome; 03-14-2012, 02:02 PM.

Do we have enough elephant tusks in South Bend for that?

OH! the leafy things! They will take awhile to grow.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Good to see someone actually wanting to save an old building and use it, rather than just push it down.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

This is great news!! "Don't demolish, renovate!!!!!"
        Chris Dresbach

Comment

Sounds alot like the grandiose plans for the Admin building. Neither project will never happen. The taxpayers of SB can contribute 2.2 mil of their hard earned money and will never see a thing in return. stupak

Comment

Haven't we heard that before... the old Administration building??
            I hope that buildings can be saved. It is good to see the Studebaker buildings there when ever I get into South Bend.
            This weekend John Deere collectors from all over the world are converging on the Quad Cities (Moline, IL is the John Deere headquarters) These collectors are having to pay $10 bucks a head to get in the door of Davenport's River Center for their big swap meet...
            Man do us Stude collectors have it made by going to South Bend! The vendors pick up the tab and the shopping is Free.
            Is that great, or what?

Comment

Originally posted by stupak View Post
              Sounds alot like the grandiose plans for the Admin building. Neither project will never happen. The taxpayers of SB can contribute 2.2 mil of their hard earned money and will never see a thing in return. stupak
              Let's not be pessimistic. Yes, there were plenty of grandiose schemes South Bend thought would work...and didn't. But there are several successes as well. I think this proposal is wonderful and has a great chance of success. Maybe they'll even keep the Studebaker name involved in this one.
              Stu Chapman

Comment

...On the other hand, the AD building is owned by some corporation not based out of South Bend. Building #84 AND Union Station are owned by two people based out of South Bend. I go by Union Station every day coming home from work. Union Station is completely land locked. The building butts up against the RR tracks and the other side against the street. Across the street is the baseball stadium. On the other sides of Union Station there is a parking lot and the far end stops at a side street. Aside from building #84, there is no room for expansion close to or on to Union Station. Given these conditions, I think this could actually happen. The only snag that this could run into is what if the owner of building #84 dosen't want to sell?
                Stay tuned.
                Chris Dresbach

Comment

Originally posted by Stu Chapman View Post
                  Let's not be pessimistic. Yes, there were plenty of grandiose schemes South Bend thought would work...and didn't. But there are several successes as well. I think this proposal is wonderful and has a great chance of success. Maybe they'll even keep the Studebaker name involved in this one.
                  Stu Chapman

Comment

$2.2 million just to run upgraded power lines to this building? Ouch! Perhaps their funds would be better spent on a large Onan generator.
                    sigpic
                    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
                      $2.2 million just to run upgraded power lines to this building? Ouch! Perhaps their funds would be better spent on a large Onan generator.
                      Ya joke about that.... There were TWO Studebaker-Onan generators for sale at the city auction two years ago. They were stuck, beat up, and basically huge boat anchors, but they were there none the less.
                      Chris Dresbach

Comment

Working...
                      X