• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of '57 Broadmoors Surface

Hi

If this Broadmoor is a 19K mile California car, it's one choice rig:

For the modified crowd:

Steve

Geeze, Louise; I hope someone can jump on the California one; the first one.

As for the second one (Terre Haute), that isn't far from me if someone needs it checked out. (Admittedly, it doesn't sound/look too promising...) BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I bet that red one in IB is cherry once cleaned up.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Clark, you goin' today to look at this red Broadmoor? Not that I want it (well - I DO - but can't afford it!), but I called and talked to the seller. Nice guy - has his own autyo repair biz. Car's first owner was his late M-I-L if I understood right. It's driveable as it sets. Has some minor rust issues. Has it's original 289 W/2bbl, PB & PS. Sure wish I could give it a home, but that's outta the question. Now if I'd won the JACKPOT instead of a measly $11k two weeks ago....... Anyway, he did say that someone was coming to look at it today. And did say there's a little "wiggle room" for someone serious.
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

The red one looks identical to mine. It is also most likely on of the Broadmoor Hotel wagons that were used to shuttle passengers.

Comment

The seller told me it was bought new by his departed Mother-in-law.
            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I lived in IB back in the mid to late '90s. I NEVER once saw that Broadmoor!!!
              Maybe (hopefully) it hasn't been that close to the beach for too long.

I did see/find both a '57 Pelham and a '57 Parkview during my last tour in San Diego~

The Pelham may have been torched during those fires of 2006 or 2007...
              It was in eastern San Diego County- off HiWay 94- near Dulzura.

The Parkview was even farther away- out in El Centro.
              StudeDave '57
              US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
              SDC Member since 1985

past President
              Whatcom County Chapter SDC
              San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
              San Diego Chapter SDC
              North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
                Clark, you goin' today to look at this red Broadmoor?
                Not me, Bob, although I'd sure love to have it!! My wife has put the kybosh on any more cars unless I swap one-for-one.

I hope someone from the local chapter gets it!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Dave, the seller said he'd had it five years and that it came from another state. He's got too many project cars and just got out of the hospital after a 2&1/2 month visit. Realizes he's not gonna be able to do all the projects, so is offing some.

Comment

Working...
                  X