Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which studebaker that you have driven or been a passenger in rides the best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which studebaker that you have driven or been a passenger in rides the best?

Of all the studebakers you have driven or been a passenger in, which one had the most comfortable ride. All feedback welcome both negative and positive.

64 Cruiser 56 Pres Classic cheers jimmijim
    sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

My '51 Land Cruiser.
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I'm gonna say a 64 Cruiser too. And our Packard Hawk was pretty nice. As long as all the suspension bushings are new,(including rear springs & shakles), they do pretty well.
        Adding extra leaves, and "sportier" shocks only tends to loosen your fillings. If you want your car to handle better, add better anti sway bars, not stiffer springs. If your car is sagging, Have the springs re-arched, or replace them. leave the buckboard rides for those who don't know any better.
        Stock Studes handled well when new, don't base opinions on 60 year old worn out suspensions.
        Bez Auto Alchemy
        573-318-8948
        http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

57 Packard Clipper no dought.
          Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

I might have to go with my Uncle's all original 1953 LandCruiser - very nice on the highway.

Comment

My 55 Conestoga is a real smooth cruiser on the highway. My 64 Commander 2dr is geared too low to be a cruiser.
              101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

My '79 Avanti II may be beautiful, in my mind, but she's not comfortable to take on a long ride...I'd perfer my Explorer for anything "out of town".
                Lou Van Anne
                62 Champ
                64 R2 GT Hawk
                79 Avanti II

Comment

I fondly remember my '50 Land Cruiser. It was the best riding car I'd ridden in by 1958 when it died.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
                    I fondly remember my '50 Land Cruiser. It was the best riding car I'd ridden in by 1958 when it died.
                    I would have to also agree on the '50-'52 era. Nice, tight body on those cars, and excellent suspension all around, especially over railroad tracks and 'unimproved' roads.

Craig

Comment

I think I prefer my '58 President "Y" Body Sedan. It's a clone of Doc Gil Zimmerman's Black beauty, but with all of the power options.
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

My old '49 Champion sedan was nice and cushy. I used to say I was gonna take my fat girlfriend for a ride, when I went out for a drive. It wasn't great in high winds, and didn't like taking corners fast - but in a straight line below 50, it was heaven even on a bumpy road.

Now... my '66 Wagonaire? Handled great, and was very comfy as an in-town cruiser or on the road. I could drive it for hours (and often did).
                        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

The 1951 Studebaker Land Cruiser had a comfort level any post 1952 Studebaker would be incapable of. Really like comparing apples and oranges though.

Comment

'56 President Classic (and I thought my '61 Cruiser rode pretty well).
                            Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                            '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

57 Commander..... O.D. and V8 kept up with modern traffic, big finned brakes to stop well... Rode like a cloud..

Comment

Working...
                              X