just finished painting my 65 cruiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just finished painting my 65 cruiser

My cruiser has just finished getting painted now im working on the interior. Are ther many other people out there with running cruisers? Ive only met one other.
    Attached Files

Your '65 Cruiser is looking good!

Mark Anderson is maintaining a registry of these cars: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...light=registry

Craig

Comment

The brown with white top looks real nice. Give us some more details.

My '65 will hopefully be on the road in just a few weeks. Exterior will not be done right now, but its drive train will be updated. The orginial 283 has been rebuild and warmed up a bit. It will also have a GM 200R4 transmission. It now has an oversized front sway bar and a rear sway bar. The front springs have been cut and lowering blocks in the rear making the car sit a couple of inches lower than original. It also has quick steering arms and MOPAR cop car wheels with 215/70-15 TA Touring Pro series tires. I am looking for a comfortable long distance ride that will handle very well. I think we have hit the nail right square on the head. We'll see for sure before very long.
      Joe Roberts
      '61 R1 Champ
      '65 Cruiser
      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Thanks craig i appreciate the info!
        Joe my cruiser is running original everything from the motor to the drivetrain n transmission.
        Wheels are the same factory wheels. I bought it for 400 bucks from my best friend it was in his family from his grandfather. It was sitting in his driveway for about 8 years, not running. My dad bought it for my 22nd birthday we got it running with a simple tune up, changed the plugs and distributor cap changed the oil and flushed the radiator. I drove it from modesto california alllllll the way down to san diego and frequently have it on the road purring like a kitten. Oh i put dual exhaust flowmasters and some surf racks those other than the aint job are the only things not original. Interior is gettig completely redone as we speak.

Comment

You may require a new hood ornament as it seems to be missing. Item #1358580W Hood Ornament 1964 Hawk, 1964-66 Lark $55 Studebaker International 2012 catalog page 46.
          John Clements
          Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Yes i am in need of one. Tahnk you ill have to order that asap

Comment

I see you're in the Navy, well done and thanks for serving your country, there are a few Navy men on the forum (most retired I think).
              John Clements
              Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Encinitas! John, you're about 15 minutes from me - I'm up in Oceanside! I hope we run across each other!!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

John, That is VERY nice. I remember talking to you at the San Diego meet in Oct and seeing the before pictures. Wow it is beautiful. My Lagunna Blue has big time competition now!

I hope you are coming up to LA next Sunday (Mar 11) for the Peterson Studebaker Car Show.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by avantilover View Post
                    I see you're in the Navy, well done and thanks for serving your country, there are a few Navy men on the forum (most retired I think).
                    Yes indeed! And how coincidental! StudeDave also has a '65 Cruiser. Note the Navy badge on the grille on his '65 Cruiser...

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                      StudeDave also has a '65 Cruiser.
                      Craig- I think you have your StudeGuys mixed up!!!

"StudeDave" is a '56 Parkview owner in Illinois.

"StudeDave '57" is some retired NAVY dude who looks alot like me...

(and has way tooo many vehicles in his StudeFleet!!!)
                      StudeDave '57
                      US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                      SDC Member since 1985

past President
                      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                      San Diego Chapter SDC
                      North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by StudeDave57 View Post
                        [B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"] Craig- I think you have your StudeGuys mixed up!!!
                        But YOU are the ONE AND ONLY 'StudeDave'; be it '57', '65', or whatever!!

Craig

Comment

I'm going to put up my roof racks on my 63' Cruiser today...there's nothing like an old car that looks like its being used.......my set has the old fashion suction cups....

Comment

Thanks john. I noticed stude dave57 is retired navy. Maybe when i retire ill have a fleet of studebakers up to par with his lol.

Comment

I hope so as well! Were you at the show in san diego? We may have met. Unfortunately i didnt bring it with me to that show.

Comment

Working...
                              X