mustang bullit rims on 55 president coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mustang bullit rims on 55 president coupe

Has anyone out there tried an application like this? If so what year rims would fit and look like?
    Thanks,
    John

Originally posted by glassfrog View Post
    Has anyone out there tried an application like this? If so what year rims would fit and look like?
    Thanks,
    John
    John

Pre-2005 rims have the least back spacing but they are still 5+ inches and at least 8 inches wide. Therefore, at best you will probably need spacers and even then they may rub like heck.

My advice, if you want to use them. Go on Craigs list or your local wrecking yard and get a scrap wheel of the style you want and see how they fit. I know they will fit an Avanti but the C/K's are a tighter fit.

Be aware that you will need the correct nuts and they may not be available in left hand thread so a stud change may be in order also.

Bob

PS - Don't forget that those style wheels are available in the aftermarket with hopefully a better selection of sizes for your needs. American Racing etc.
    Last edited by sweetolbob; 03-04-2012, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Some where, some time I remember seeing a C/K Stude with late model Mustang wheels. I looked through my stash of C/K photos, and all I could come up with is this. Are these what you are talking about? Not even sure if they are Mustang wheels or not, but I think they may be. Even if they are not, they sure look like they have hardly any front spacing, and lots of back spacing like a Mustang wheel, so bottom line is it may be possible. Do what sweetolbob suggests and see what happens. Good luck! Junior. ps, have no idea who owns this car, but it sure is sweet. I swiped the photos off of the net, so I have no idea who shot them.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by junior; 03-04-2012, 08:00 AM.
      sigpic
      1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Thanks to all.
        John

Comment

That is Ben Evans' car. Conestoga member.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Orphan Car Show 022.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	1672106 Click image for larger version

Name:	Mt Vernon 5-15-11 037.jpg
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	1672107 Click image for larger version

Name:	Orphan Car Show 023.jpg
Size:	97.0 KB