No Reserve!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Reserve!!!

Certainly one of the nicer color combos. It needs major mechanical work, but the car looks to be in such nice shape it should still bring good money.

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
      It needs major mechanical work,
      One never knows. It may be the crank bearings. Besides, compared to the complexity of modern vehicles, a Studebaker engine rebuild is not major mechanical work!
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
        One never knows. It may be the crank bearings. Besides, compared to the complexity of modern vehicles, a Studebaker engine rebuild is not major mechanical work!
        I think that it is probably a Packard engine.
        Dave Pink
        Victoria, Australia

1916 SF Roadster
        1925 ER Tourer
        1925 Panel Delivery
        1953 Champion Sedan
        1957 Golden Hawk
        1971 Avanti II

Studebaker Car Club Of Australia Website
        http://www.studebakercarclub.net

Comment

Originally posted by davepink53 View Post
          I think that it is probably a Packard engine.
          Yes, its the Packard 352 cu. in. A well-known member of this Forum is said to have fresh-rebuilt "352's" on-the-shelf ...IF ...the NEW (Third) Owner of this fine 56J would choose to go that route.

[and NO, this 56J is NOT mine, but my 56J is For Sale too!!!]
          Last edited by Welcome; 03-02-2012, 04:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Welcome View Post
            Yes, its the Packard 352 cu. in. A well-known member of this Forum is said to have fresh-rebuilt "352's" on-the-shelf ...IF ...the NEW (Third) Owner of this fine 56J would choose to go that route.

[and NO, this 56J is NOT mine, but my 56J is For Sale too!!!]
            I know that car and the owner quite well. It is an excellent example of an original, low mileage 56J. It is probably the best "Survivor Class" 56J I have seen so far. I have no idea what hapened to the engine, but I'd simply drop another crankshaft in it, along with one of Jack V's Olds oil pump conversion kits. After that, all it needs is driving. The car has been so sheltered, it's steering wheel has survived and is near perfect (extremely unusual for a 56J wheel).

Comment

That car is gorgeous, and its not just the wonderful colour combo. Speedsters, in my opinion which is always beaten by a handy 2 cents in any pocket, are wonderful in loud colour combos, but there is something about the lines of a 56J that look great with 'understated' shades; Mocha/Doeskin and the like. That interior.....<sigh>!

Seems yo be well worth a fair amount of money, even with the current engine problem

Comment

Aren't there supposed to be seams along the bottom of the fins?Have these fins been blended in with bondo or more fiberglass? How could someone look at this car in person and not see this?
                RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Roy, the '56 GH had Fibreglas fins, they were blended in. Note they are vertical, not flared out.
                  Last edited by Tom Bredehoft; 03-12-2012, 08:43 PM.

Comment

To; rockne10,----- Rebuilding a Packard V8 that has a ruined crankshaft and getting it 'on the money' isn't major mechanical work??.......OK sure

Comment

Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
                      Aren't there supposed to be seams along the bottom of the fins? Have these fins been blended in with bondo or more fiberglass?<<<
                      The pics. appear to be the way a '56 Golden Hawk's fins are deisgned to be mounted. If your concern is the rear of the fins along the bottom, no, they tuck in between the '56 Golden Hawk's unique tail light housings and the 1/4 inner panel ends.

FWIW, I was out this morning working to install the fiberglass fins on my '56 Golden Hawk. Those fiberglass fins "sit" on top of the sheet metal and have metal caps bridging the inside seam and stainless steel mouldings bridging the outer seams. "V" ornaments cap-off the front openings.

Comment

Welcome........is the 56J you are selling....... the beautiful tangerine and white one I have heard so much about ??

Comment

Originally posted by mike super View Post
                          Welcome........is the 56J you are selling....... the beautiful tangerine and white one I have heard so much about ??
                          It is ...and I can picture you pulling into my drive next weekend to pick it up!!!

Comment

To Welcome,--------------- Any chance of You posting more photos of that (Your) '56 Golden Hawk?

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                              To Welcome,--------------- Any chance of You posting more photos of that (Your) '56 Golden Hawk?
                              YES, but this is NOT even my thread. PM me with your email addie and I'll send you some pics.

Comment

Working...
                              X