Third Annual Hooters Lunch at York!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Third Annual Hooters Lunch at York!

York attendees, you are cordially invited to our Third Annual Lunch at Hooters Restaurant. We meet there at Noon on Saturday for good wings and good fun!(I understand they have a menu with some other items, but I've never looked. Someone said they also offer salads, but I assume that's a mean-spirited rumor).

So if you are so inclined, it would be great to have you meet us! Last year, Ernie Stoltzfus was the King of Wings, as he ate more AND hotter wings than the rest of us by far. Maybe more than the rest of us combined

Around here we have a long history of loving Hooters (restaurant, that is), but we no longer have any locally. So my brother and I have a long-standing agreement of bringing home Hooters wings for the other whenever we travel where there's one. So I'll be there regardless, eating some, and getting some to go.

If you intend to attend, please post or PM. It's a great socializing opportunity, and with your support the poor little ladies that work there may just earn enough to purchase sufficient clothing to replace their...... summer outfits....

Link to location:

Last edited by Bob Andrews; 02-28-2012, 05:23 PM. Reason: link added
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

I'll be in York with my girlfriend so it might be iffy if I can talk her into going to Hooters. I have a weakness for wings and so does she.
    1964 GT Hawk
    PSMCDR 2014
    Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
    PSMCDR 2013
    Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

......sounds like a plan.Don't forget some 'rings to go with those wings!

Comment

Hooters love Studes.

Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Try the line ---"I'll have a chicken breast sandwich and hold the chicken" (from 'The Office')

Comment

Oh Ya!
            That is definetly a "Poster Picture" or even a TW "Cover Picture".
            What do you think Art?
            Good Roads
            Brian
            PS I know Lynn will vote yes!
            Brian Woods
            woodysrods@shaw.ca
            1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
              York attendees, you are cordially invited to our Third Annual Lunch at Hooters Restaurant. We meet there at Noon on Saturday for good wings and good fun!(I understand they have a menu with some other items, but I've never looked. Someone said they also offer salads, but I assume that's a mean-spirited rumor).

So if you are so inclined, it would be great to have you meet us! Last year, Ernie Stoltzfus was the King of Wings, as he ate more AND hotter wings than the rest of us by far. Maybe more than the rest of us combined

Around here we have a long history of loving Hooters (restaurant, that is), but we no longer have any locally. So my brother and I have a long-standing agreement of bringing home Hooters wings for the other whenever we travel where there's one. So I'll be there regardless, eating some, and getting some to go.

If you intend to attend, please post or PM. It's a great socializing opportunity, and with your support the poor little ladies that work there may just earn enough to purchase sufficient clothing to replace their...... summer outfits....

Link to location:

http://hootersofyorkpa.com/ourlocation.asp
              Hey Bob,
              Hope this isn't the Hooters you are talking about.
              A Hooters-esque restaurant has only unattractive women on Cowgirl Night.
              Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
              '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Paul...that was NOT a good way to start the day!
                Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Well it beats the livin' crap outta seein' a Wombat Bear shearing a guy's head off! Yeah,that's the first thing I saw on here yesterday morning.
                  BTW I think I've been to this Hooters. I think it's in Curtis Bay or Dundalk.A friendly joke between us Baltimorons, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by 53k View Post
                    Hey Bob,
                    Hope this isn't the Hooters you are talking about.
                    Not it, Paul. See Brad's picture above

Allen- FWIW, my sweet Linda is a fan of Hooters. The girls aren't overt or flirty unless it's a table of young bucks. No risk of that if I'm there In al seriousness, yes, I like the girls, but Linda and I go because we love their wings better than anywhere else. Same with their fried pickle chips- the BEST. Pretty girls is just a bonus

Linda won't be along this time, but I promise I'll try to behave if you and Carolyn come. If not, looking forward to seeing you at the Meet!
                    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                    Romans 15:13
                    Deuteronomy 31:6
                    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Working...
                    X