Detroit Autorama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detroit Autorama

Went to the show today, first time I've been.
    Wow.

What an array of different cars, mega dollar to rat rods.

Far as I could see there were only three Studes, a Lark and a chopped 50 ragtop downstairs, and upstairs a very clean pale yellow 53 Studillac.

Car looked very stock except for the engine.
    Talked to the fellow a bit, think his name was Charlie, from MI, said he's a member.
    Was a really nice car, any one know it?

Any idea if the Studillac was one of the original 'Frick' Studillac conversions?

Comment

It was not a Frick, I asked.

Comment

Yellow '53 belongs to Charley Steganic (Sp ? ) It is a Champion that he got out of FL a year or so ago. The Chopped bulletnose in the basement isn't a convert, but a hardtop with a padded top.

Bob
        Own \'53 Commander Starliner. Red w/beige top. 350 Chev/700R4. Tilt,cruise,A/C.http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j30/Bobphyl/StudeontheBeach.jpg

Comment

To my mind, if it wasn't built by Bill Frick, it's not a Studillac. There I go getting technical.
          Rog
          '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
          Smithtown,NY
          Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Originally posted by BeeJay View Post
            Yellow '53 belongs to Charley Steganic (Sp ? ) It is a Champion that he got out of FL a year or so ago. The Chopped bulletnose in the basement isn't a convert, but a hardtop with a padded top.

Bob
            Thats must be the one.

I didn't notice the 50 was a hardtop, but i couldn't look directly at it, the colour was making me feel woozy.

Comment

To:raprice,-------------------- I believe a Studillac clone could be done very nicely and without going into debt. What would be important, (To Me anyway), would be to obtain and install a period Cadillac engine ,(331--365), as opposed
              to any of the later larger units (esp. those with squared off rocker arm covers and front mounted distributors) They just don't have the right look.

Comment

Working...
              X