MC interchange question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes: MC interchange question

I found a brand new master cylinder labeled "63-64 T cab truck". It looks the same as what was used on disc brake cars. Is it actually the same or is it for trucks only? Thanks.

If it is labeled for trucks, It means it's for drum brakes, so , it would have a residual pressure valve. Disc brake cylinders don't have one.
    Other than that, what is the bore diameter?
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

If your bore is the same, then you can remove the rpv, and use it.

Comment

The 1/2 Ton Champs get a 1 inch bore and the 3/4 Tons have a 1 1/8 inch. The Correct '63-'64 Truck Masters have a fruit jar lid style that screws on with threads on the outside of the Master.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

My Zip Van has a fruit jar style master cylinder, but it looked like a single rather than a dual master the shop manual says it should be. I had thought it had been replaced at some time with a Ford master but maybe not? I'll measure the bore tomorrow. Another thing too why I thought it was replaced is the lines had bushings on them to step down to the smaller size on the master.
          59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
          60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
          61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
          62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
          62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
          62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
          63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
          63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
          64 Zip Van
          66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
          66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

I thought a Champ M/C looked like an Avanti but larger all the way around. The bore size and valving would also be different.

Warren, a zip van used a rare (Trk part numbered 6XXXXX) dual M/C but the Lark dual M/C works. Look up the interchange #'s on the forum for 61 & up Larks. If I recall correctly-thats what James found and it worked.

Comment

Working...
            X