Theodore Wills Pietsch II - Studebaker designer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theodore Wills Pietsch II - Studebaker designer

How is it after all these years reading about Studebaker I have never heard of this man? His designs were great!

More at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodore_Wells_Pietsch_II
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Originally posted by Scott View Post
    I would SO drive that every single day.

We all know that there's the remnants of a Transtar cab in the Proving Ground Graveyard with wheel well cutouts in the rear corners.. The real life version of this truck, perhaps?

Comment

Very interesting!

I have read about Ted Pietsch and seen a few of his drawings, but these two are a 'first'. Good to know what that modifed 2R cab to a cab-forward in the Proving Ground cemetary looked like.

Thanks for posting!

Craig

Comment

Geez, with that Aerostar front axle conversion, that COE might not be so hard to do. Wonder if I could offset the engine to take up the passenger's side of the cab???
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

It's always fun to think about what might have been. Those drawings are terrific.
          Rog
          '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
          Smithtown,NY
          Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

I wonder if he also did these which appeared in the August, 1980 TW:

The only Stude car illustration from Ted Pietsch on that Wikipedia site:

Craig

Comment

Awesome artwork! The compact Hawk that Craig posted looks like a winner to me. I love the long concave side treatment.
              sigpic
              In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Gosh, it looks very similar to the Excaliber Hawk SS .....I thought Brooks Stevens did that design?
                Bez Auto Alchemy
                573-318-8948
                http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Chris Dresbach

Comment

By Golly, I think that's it Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                      By Golly, I think that's it Chris.
                      I have to agree. I looked at the photo and studied the other rendering. I can see the same exact crease line at the bottom front of the doors in both photos, and where the cowl stops in front of the doors is exactly the same in both pics. Heck, the only difference that I can see is the Transtar name plates.
                      Chris Dresbach

Comment

If these things ever saw production, I think the first thing I would want to change on these is give them suicide type doors. It looks like it would be difficult to get into depending on cab height.
                        Chris Dresbach

Comment

It would be awesome if the club and museum had enough money to build an actual prototype of this stub-nose pickup. From a fabrication standpoint, I would think the nose could be molded out of fiberglass or from resin if a very large rapid-prototyping machine existed.....maybe someday.
                          sigpic
                          In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Is the cab in the graveyard photo still there or is it rusted to death?
                            "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

That COE is so cool looking, and if that coupe was made with an R1-2-3-4, they would be one of the most sought after collector cars in the market today. Sure would like to see a front and rear view. With such a short wheelbase it would have been a hand full at Bonneville.
                              101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Working...
                              X