X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After dinner mint 2-22-12

Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO

Wrong hubcaps.....paint is too shiny......aftermarket grille badge.....I thought I'd get the jump on the negativity that always seems to creep into threads.
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

I like it. I want a GT....right after a Lark or wagonaire, and right before Champ or Hawk....

Comment

To: bezhawk,----- 'Studebaker Drivers Club' Baked Enamel / Clear Coated Grille Badge is an....... 'aftermarket grille badge' ?? Guess He must have bought it off of e-bay!!

Comment

Did any GranTurismo's leave the factory with dog dishes and beauty rings?

On a more positive note, I have always loved the GT's landau roof; makes me wish I had more garage space, and a commensurate income!
          Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I like it! Sweet looking GT.

Comment

Originally posted by kmac530 View Post
              I like it. I want a GT....right after a Lark or wagonaire, and right before Champ or Hawk....
              All you need to do is make a trip north and get one , I just sold the 63 full package R-1 car but have another 63 and a 62 here is a picture of the 63 and my parts car 64 it's the red one.

by the way it has the right grille and fender badges and the right wheel covers.

Candbstudebakers
              Castro Valley,
              California

Comment

This Hawk belongs to a member of the Willamette SDC in Oregon. It is a very nice GT, I'll tell John, the owner, that he needs to give it a good rubdown with some scouring powder and lose the SDC grill badge and wheels... ; )

Originally posted by Gary1953 View Post

Comment

And put the bumper guards back on.
                  Candbstudebakers
                  Castro Valley,
                  California

Comment

Of course you know I was being sarcastic? I really like the car. The shiny paint remark was in reference to points I had deducted (at Glendale) for work that I did.
                    Also the sarcasm is aimed at people that criticize posts that are put up by people.....they are usually posted because they are proud of their vehicle.
                    Most people are not looking for a critique of their hard work. Any degree of effort put forth to enjoy and save a Studebaker is to be lauded.
                    We as ambassadors to the club, should be encouraging to everyones efforts.
                    It was a poor tongue in cheek effort to show what "I" percive a lot of comments and replys to postings.
                    Thats the problem with the written word.....intent is hard to convey.
                    Bez Auto Alchemy
                    573-318-8948
                    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Yes, I recognized your sarcasm and "tongue-in-cheek" humor, I was just feeding it a little ; ). I know if I entered my car in a car show as a "points" contender, it would be ripped to shreds, but I drive it at least every week and it's only ridden on a trailer once, when I bought it. Yes, it has 16"X8" wheels, rock chips and dings, has the wrong paint shade & shine and a host of other showroom deviations, but it attracts a lot of attention when I drive it and it's even inspired some others to purchase a Studebaker. I especially enjoy seeing Studebaker survivors driving around.

Comment

Bez, you forgot one: "What's that much nicer car, parked next to it?" A regular Forum meme.

In the ancient sport of girl-watching, we called this approach "sharp elbows."

Comment

The hood ornament finishes it. Why Studebaker didn't use the lazy S on prior models is a mystery instead of a different one every year a hood ornament was used, aka the Benz.

Comment

The greater question is why Studebaker had to tool a new grill for each year of the GT reign. I have been looking for a nice grill for my '63, I always find '62s and '64s in excellent shape, but no '63s.

Comment

Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
                              Wrong hubcaps.....paint is too shiny......aftermarket grille badge.....I thought I'd get the jump on the negativity that always seems to creep into threads.
                              with all of that, he should give thanks that the picture wasn't taken at a drag strip. If it had been........well, that Hawk wouldn't be worth much.

Comment

Working...
                              X