Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone seen this? Return of the Studebaker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone seen this? Return of the Studebaker?

How many times do we have to go through this? http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ghlight=return

And the topic seems to always get LOCKED in the end!!

Craig

Comment

Sorry for my grevious indiscretion. I guess I'll have to do an extensive search before posting any more items. I didn't mean to start your day off on the wrong foot. Please don't be too rough on the wife and kids either...It's not their fault.

Comment

He's OK,

He kicked the dog and he's past it now. Wife and kids are unscathed.
        Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
        Kenmore, Washington
        hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
        '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
        '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
        '69 Pontiac Firebird
        (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

It does get tiring after more than 5 YEARS!!!
          Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Is that story really 5 years old? Someone emailed me the link and it is dated 2-17-2012. Is Fox news recycling old stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by Dougie View Post
              Sorry for my grevious indiscretion. I guess I'll have to do an extensive search before posting any more items. I didn't mean to start your day off on the wrong foot. Please don't be too rough on the wife and kids either...It's not their fault.
              Dougie, don't give it another thought!!!

IF ... you are a dues paying SDC Member you have a right to post here!!! You could even say you have an obligation to use YOUR Forum ...to inform ...and keep informed!!!

Comment

Typical BIG HAT NO CATTLE story. Between Kelly and Cafaro Avanti lost close to $30 Million Dollars. Building cars not for the faint of heart and sound of mind. Been there done that.
                John Hull

Comment

Wow, they recycle the story and change the pictures. Is this guy just looking for publicity, or notoriety or what? He's had his 15 minutes of fame.

Comment

Originally posted by Welcome View Post
                    IF ... you are a dues paying SDC Member you have a right to post here!!!
                    That's not quite right. You do not have to be a member of the SDC to use this Forum. It is an outreach of the SDC, provided both as a service to Members and as a gift to everyone who loves Studebakers. There is no requirement that you be a member of the SDC in order to join the conversation here.

Of course, if you can afford to so do, it's encouraged! But times are tough, and if you can't afford to join, that's OK - everyone is welcome here.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by showbizkid View Post
                      That's not quite right. You do not have to be a member of the SDC to use this Forum. It is an outreach of the SDC, provided both as a service to Members and as a gift to everyone who loves Studebakers. There is no requirement that you be a member of the SDC in order to join the conversation here.

Of course, if you can afford to so do, it's encouraged! But times are tough, and if you can't afford to join, that's OK - everyone is welcome here.
                      Clark, there you go again, only reading part of a complete statement.

Here is it again in its entirety as specifically addressed to "Dougie":

IF ... you are a dues paying SDC Member you have a right to post here!!! You could even say you have an obligation to use YOUR Forum ...to inform ...and keep informed!!!

Comment

The idea would be good except when you consider what the cost would be to set up the business, employ staff, get dealers, advertise etc, not viable today. if Studebaker had had a future, the corporation would have gradually renewed SB but they didn't and cars weren't missed when they were gone, Clarke Floor Machiones, Franklin Appliances, Schaefer Refrigeration, and Onan Generators were making great strides.
                        John Clements
                        Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

This seems legit, what's the opinion on hybrid/electrics though? I remember a few years back, a performance magazine talking of the return of AMC, only to hit you with an April Fools at the end of the article. Also found it here:

http://autoholics.com/2012/02/20/-In...Hideous-610501

Comment

Yeah,I know it's been over 5 years we've been hearing and rehearing this story [they also plan to build the best motorcycle in the world!!!]..... BIG HAT NO CATTLE !! I like that!!!
                            Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Working...
                            X