Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	1734726

http://www.ebay.de/itm/1957
    Walter

80 Fiat Spider
    63 Lark Regal 4 Dr. sold 2015
    60 Hawk sold 2017 in England
    56 Golden Hawk
    56 Corvette (John Cougar Mellencamp's C1)
    68 Volvo P1800S
    56 Jaguar XK 140 DHC

http://www.speak-to-doc.de/oldi/

I have one just like it, do you need a parts car to go with yours? <G>

Originally posted by Santosh View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]13784[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13785[/ATTACH]

http://www.ebay.de/itm/1957
    Ron Dame
    '63 Champ

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	diorama 010.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	1671930

This is my diorama that I created using this model. It depicts the owner fallen asleep working on the car. His dog has chewed up his drill cord and is pilfering the toolbox for more toys. On the top of the toolbox is a turning wheels magazine.

I have an engraved plaque on the diorama that reads..."The best meditation...is Restoration!"
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

The one I have is made by Motor City Classics and the i.d. tag on the box has a date of 2004.

Dan Miller
        Auburn, GA

Comment

John,

You're gonna get a lot of grief on here for using a concrete block to hold up that left rear corner...
          KURTRUK
          (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Youre correct---------wrong side up.

will support more weight if it is placed as it is normally laid. I ain't Lion. Ask Neil. cheers jimmijim
            Originally posted by kurtruk View Post
            John,

You're gonna get a lot of grief on here for using a concrete block to hold up that left rear corner...
            sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Originally posted by kurtruk View Post
              John,

Originally posted by jimmijim8 View Post
              will support more weight if it is placed as it is normally laid. I ain't Lion. Ask Neil. cheers jimmijim
              Hey, the block came with the kit. There are miniature jack stands that can not be seen at this camera angle. There was no conscious intent to include CASO content. This couldn't be my shop. It is too clean, organized, and uncluttered.

The sad truth is that there are parts of the country that may have more cars sitting in back yards on concrete blocks than tires.
              John Clary
              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

John, That is an outstanding display! I have one of those models too, but yours is truly done up right!
                Pat Dilling
                Olivehurst, CA
                Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Dilling View Post
                  John, That is an outstanding display! I have one of those models too, but yours is truly done up right!
                  Thanks Pat. For the display case, I used a discarded wooden spool pilfered out of the dumpster at work. Some of the plastic tubing we sold came on some pretty well-built wooden spools. I found a curved piece of glass to use for a window, routed a new groove to fit the curved glass, reset the curve of the thin wood barrel for the walls, and bolted it all back together. The tie rods for the spool serve as shop support poles.

I am certainly not good at photography. I have found attempting to photograph displays and dioramas through glass very difficult.

Here is another angle that shows the front jack stands.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	diorama 008.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	1671931
                  John Clary
                  Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I have one of them too, the last one that SASCO had.
                    Chris Dresbach

Comment

Working...
                    X