This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker on Fox News

I pulled up the Fox News website and the first thing that jumped out at me was a picture of a Hawk, with the headline "Return of Studebaker".

Yep, it was the "Studebaker Motor Company" again, they actually hit a mainstream news site.

However I have real doubts that as the article says "Perhaps one day the Lark will indeed return to its nest."... except for next summer when Larks return to South Bend for the International!
    Jeff DeWitt
    http://carolinastudes.net

Jeff,
    How about contacting them and letting them know about the meet in S. Bend?

Jim
    "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
    their Memorials!

Comment

We can beat this "Return of Studebaker" crap in to the ground. It's been brought up here at least four times in the past five months.
      On a positive note, we can be glad there are enough folks out there who remember Studebaker enough to make it a speculative, if futile, gesture and, enough reporters who recognize the name to make it a subject worthy of interest to the general internet public.
      That means our epitaph is not yet written and, through our efforts, interest in our favorite marque may still be only a seed awaiting more fertile ground.
      Don't expect a "NEW" Studebaker company. Just bask in the notorious recognition and hope it doesn't inflate the cost of our restorations.
      If your restoration is completed and you are relying on it to fund your retirement, you have screwed the pooch.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

We should probably contact Fox and let them in on something:

Did Studebaker ever go away? I still have one!

Comment

We North Americans know that production of Studebakers ended in 1966 but they continue to be exported into Australia every year being that the Aussies never got the news.
          sigpic
          In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I posted a reply pointing out the complete hokum of the website....

And for those poormouthing Fox, in my experience there are more StudeFolk watching Fox over the network crap that passes for news.
            The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

It was interesting recently when this was a topic on Hemmings Blog. The consensus from Hemmings and the contributors was that if such is to happen it's important not to destroy the legacy of Studebaker with poor quality rubbish, nice to know we're so fondly remembered.
              John Clements
              Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Can all y'all not keep your political viewpoints out of anything? Honestly, I've seen 3-year-olds obey the rules better.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                X