Hawk Inner Fender Kit from Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawk Inner Fender Kit from Classic

Hello out there....has anyone installed a Hawk inner fender kit? Any tips, advise, time-savers, etc. greatly appreciated. Instructions are of course included, but I thought I would ask before getting started. Thank you!

What year Hawk to you have? If you have a '63/'64 GT Hawk the front inner fender liners will not fit properly, at least the pieces that go behind the tire into the inner fender. The fronts for behind the headlights are OK. Perhaps CE fixed this problem but when I got mine I was surprised after pushing and shoving and tapping seeing a real problem I called and the guy said, Oh no one told you they don't fit the '63/'64 and I said Nope! I made my own front panels from a card board template and used a plasma cutter.

The rear set on the other hand fit great and look like a factory fit out of the box.

Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    58 C Cab
    57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

I put them on my '64, and think they work great. The rears were a complete no brainer, went right in. The fronts take a little work, you have to take out the factory pedal splash gaurd, put it in storage. On the right side you need to cut out the top inside to fit around the heater box. Make a template from cardboard and caulk will do the rest. I also filled in with a couple of smaller pieces grafted on with sheet metal screws. Reposition the fender braces to the liner for a factory 'look'. Spray on undercoating makes them disappear to all but the most observant.

Tim K.
      '64 R2 GT Hawk
      Tim K.
      \'64 R2 GT Hawk

Comment

Working...
      X