63 R-2 Auto Avanti found sitting .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63 R-2 Auto Avanti found sitting .

Yesterday when Pat and I went to look at the 63 Rose mist Cruiser the owner told me the guy just around the corner would like to talk to me about his Avanti, so after we got finished with the cruiser we went over and took a peek, and a peek is all we could see as he had it under his side cover and it had lots of boxes sitting on it and in it he said it has been sitting for a long time the last tag on it was a 1999 but it could still have been longer, from what I could see the car is not in bad shape body wise and the seats have a set of slip covers on them so they might or might not be real good, the dash is perfect, owner states it was his dad's car but the owner is my age but his did bought it new I think, he said the engine has a bad cyl. and the charger is in the trunk, could not lift the hood due to being stacked with boxes, he wants to sell it and go to a good home also set no price on it but does want it to go away. he is going to remover the things around and on it so I can see it better next time down, lets hear from interested people looking for what looks like a nice project avanti not a rust bucked damaged one nice clean project . pictures to come when I get them.
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

What is the exterior and interior colors of this car? How many miles on it?
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

You sure do have good luck, Bob!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

I would like to be on the list of interested buyers. Thanks! Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
          What is the exterior and interior colors of this car? How many miles on it?
          Brent read the post again, the color is a light brown, the seats have covers over and I can not get close to the speedo to read at this time.
          Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

Originally posted by gs-xnr View Post
            I would like to be on the list of interested buyers. Thanks! Harvey
            Ok Harvey I will put your name down and on the top of the list...Bob
            Candbstudebakers
            Castro Valley,
            California

Comment

Hi Bob, Add my name to the interested list. Thanks, George.

Comment

Done Geo. still need to get the owner to move on it if he wants to sell and it is about an hour drive away from me so not an every day walk in the park but will stat on him...Bob
                Candbstudebakers
                Castro Valley,
                California

Comment

Great Find.
                  Hopefully someone jumps on this.
                  Good Roads
                  Brian
                  Brian Woods
                  woodysrods@shaw.ca
                  1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Funny how one hears of these cars that have been hidden for years. Yesterday when the Zip Van was being delivered to the house a guy stopped in front & walked in the yard. Turns out he too has an Avanti that he has kept in a storage container out in the desert. Seems while he was living in Bellflower, California he removed the bumpers to have them rechromed. Meanwhile a large condo complex was finished & reported him to code enforcement. Code enforcement came out declaring that the car was a "junker" since it was missing the bumpers! This car had been bought new by his father back in the day so rather than give it up he took it to the desert within the 5 days good ole code enforcement gave him. Eric, I hope you stop by again real soon & if you want to take a road trip to the desert just let me know.
                    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                    64 Zip Van
                    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Bob,

If you could please add me to the list as well for possible buyers.

Thanks, Ken

Comment

OK Ken, will do still need to get with owner and he is bad health so timing has to be right and he is an hour away frme me.
                        Candbstudebakers
                        Castro Valley,
                        California

Comment

You have my interest. More info and pics please!!

Comment

Not sure when I will get pictures the car is an hour away from me and the owner is older and in bad health so every thing is at his time, will do the best I can,do have access to another R-2 Auto nice body and interior but engine has not been run in years, I can get pictures of that one also and owner wants $7,000.00 for it he also has a 58 Packard Hawk and it need to be restored $12,000.00 on that but might be able to get it for less.
                            Candbstudebakers
                            Castro Valley,
                            California

Comment

Okay, now I'm a serious buyer. I need more info. On the 7,000 car. I'm probably going to buy a car by the end of this weekend. Please send info and pics to exner@shaw.ca. Thank you. Harvey

Comment

Working...
                              X