I need a shrink !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a shrink !

If you ask anyone that knows me the one thing just about every one would say is "You dont need another car!" I know this is true but when I saw this one, I couldn't resist. It's all my wife's fault. You see, she works at the auto club. A couple of weeks ago she came home all excited about an old Jeep postal van that a member had mentioned to her was for sale. She loved the idea of right hand drive being she likes things "English". She isnt but has been there 3 times totaling about 6 months.

Then it happened. Yesterday I saw an ad for a Zip Van. This morning I said to her "remember how you wanted a RHD Postal Van? Well, I found just the ticket for "both" of us! (notice how I was priming her) Its an old mail truck thats not only right hand drive but it's a Studebaker! Do you want to go see it?" A smile broke out in her face & she said "sure!"

This afternoon we both went & saw it. Of course its not a total creampuff, but it's all there. The fuel pump needs replacing (or rebuilding), plugs, wires, points & the usual tune up stuff & most likely a carb rebuild. But its all there! Even the "safety strap" if your driving with the door open to hold you inside in case of a hard left turn. The brakes need a total inspection & at the least rebuild the wheel cylinders & replace the master. The tires are out of date but are new! I mean, the nubbies are still on them & I saw one still has the sticker on it. So I left a deposit today & will pick it up tomorrow morning & have it towed home.

I really hope this is it! Really I Do!
    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
    64 Zip Van
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

When asked, "You've already got so many Studebakers. Just how many do you think you need?" The answer is, "Just one more than I've got now."

jack vines
    PackardV8

Comment

You are a lucky man. My wife says, "We don't need another Studebaker, we have enough already". She has never shown me the math that verifies we have enough Studebakers......

Comment

Just 1 more Lark, just one more GT, just one more Bulletnose....."tomorrow, tomorrow it's always a day away...."

Warren is the saying about "holes in the head" ?
        So I guess I need to run up and take a peek in the next few days. You are worse than me, not working and still buying car stuff....

Comment

PS: I have a number for my shrink if you need it, he is really good. Well he is as good as one can be and still have me as a patient.
          My last shrink told me he was quiting public practice and going to work as a California State Penitentiary psychiatrist at Chino. I think it will be easier that treating me.

Comment

Posted by Warren Webb
            I need a shrink
            Not really, more like an intervention. Hi!! My name is Bob/Warren/ any other forum member and I have a problem!! It also helps to have a understanding wife that supports the habit. Just like mine did when I found the cheap Avanti with a four speed.

In any case, I'm glad you found a good one and also the Zip Van but it doesn't happen without pictures.

Bob

Comment

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results."

Well, obviously you aren't insane and don't need a shrink. You kept buying Studebakers and finally got a ZipVan! Whoopee!

I'd love to have 3 or 4 for my business....................

Comment

Cool beans, Warren. Be sure to post pictures...after checking for the proper battery hold-down! BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

What BP said.....!
                  Joe Roberts
                  '61 R1 Champ
                  '65 Cruiser
                  Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Well,.... Warren,.......
                    I've been there too. I realize how hard up you are for parking spots so "IF"
                    Your lookin to make some room.

Dean.

Comment

Ahhhh, I forgot. It needs a battery too! Not a problem though. I can borrow one from one of the others!

Thanks Dean.....LOL Its grown since even when you were here!
                      59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                      60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                      61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                      62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                      62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                      62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                      63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                      63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                      64 Zip Van
                      66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                      66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Originally posted by BobGlasscock View Post
                        I'd love to have 3 or 4 for my business....................
                        I thought you were retired... what is you business??
                        sigpic
                        Dave Lester

Comment

Warren, check pm.

Dean.

Comment

I've got an idea...

Maybe we can figure a way to get a group discount? Back when I bought my '58 Packard I started a thread with a title worded very close to yours. Years later I not only own one more Stude, I am in pursuit of yet another...

but it's much much BIGGER then a ZIP van!!!
                            StudeDave '57
                            US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                            SDC Member since 1985

past President
                            Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                            San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                            San Diego Chapter SDC
                            North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by StudeDave57 View Post

but it's much much BIGGER then a ZIP van!!!
                              Would it be yellow and ......school district on the side?

Comment

Working...
                              X