PDA

View Full Version : Studebaker talk a San Diego Museum - again

sumf
06-29-2007, 09:43 PM
Dear Ann Landers,

The talk at the museum was cancelled, as was the whole series, due to poor attendence, you may recall.

Now, "they" came up with this idea: I submit all my materials, crib sheets, articles, pictures and so on that I would use for the talk to be put on disk and then anybody can give the talk.

I didn't respond to this idea and my feelings are now somewhere between, "Not bloody likely!" and "No F'cking way!"

I don't want anyone else to take credit for my work, nor to do a bad job and have my name asociated it.
(Had I been paid for it, that would be a vastly different matter.)

I am also very concerned that the speakers will screw up the Q&A session, even if none is not planed. need any mre bum dope floating around.

Generally, the museum is improving quite nicely, but is no SNM.
The other volunteers are a great bunch and tend to be as useful yet insubordinate as I.
Conversely anagement seems to do some silly (to me) things.
That's usually because the reason is left untold.

HCCA is closer and I'm sure I could be of use there, but would have a lot to learn. "The San Diego Collection" (Google it) could find things for me to do, no doubt, but the owner is on the Museum B/D and I don't know if a business can accept volunteers

Any comments or anything you think of that I should also take into account?

Karl Haas

sumf
06-30-2007, 01:59 PM
After a good night's sleep, I've decided not to answer at all and, if the question comes up again, say, "I thought that you would be too embarrassed to ask that again!"

Karl

sumf
06-30-2007, 01:59 PM
After a good night's sleep, I've decided not to answer at all and, if the question comes up again, say, "I thought that you would be too embarrassed to ask that again!"

Karl

studegary
06-30-2007, 05:42 PM
Perhaps a good compromise would be for you to have your talk recorded as you were about to give it. Then it could be available for anyone that wanted to view it and it would be you giving your talk in your words and presentation.

Gary L.
Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)

studegary
06-30-2007, 05:42 PM
Perhaps a good compromise would be for you to have your talk recorded as you were about to give it. Then it could be available for anyone that wanted to view it and it would be you giving your talk in your words and presentation.

Gary L.
Wappinger, NY

stude53
06-30-2007, 06:09 PM
I, for one, would love to see a recording of your illustrated talk, Karl.

Don't let the bastards get you down.

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
53 Starliner Hardtop
Newton Grove, NC

stude53
06-30-2007, 06:09 PM
I, for one, would love to see a recording of your illustrated talk, Karl.

Don't let the bastards get you down.

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
53 Starliner Hardtop
Newton Grove, NC

sumf
07-01-2007, 01:54 AM
quote:Originally posted by studegary

Gary L.
Wappinger, NY

You might have something there and it could be easily edited to coprrect errors (Me? Errors?) or additional material added. I haven't done a talk to a camera w/o audience since the 1980s.
I guess I cpuld scrape up an audience somewhere.

Thanks, Karl

sumf
07-01-2007, 01:54 AM
quote:Originally posted by studegary

Gary L.
Wappinger, NY

You might have something there and it could be easily edited to coprrect errors (Me? Errors?) or additional material added. I haven't done a talk to a camera w/o audience since the 1980s.
I guess I cpuld scrape up an audience somewhere.

Thanks, Karl