Carter RBS Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel System: Carter RBS Rebuild

Does anyone have correct bench settings that you could share for a Carter RBS 3653S? I need to do a rebuild, and would like to know where to set the float, idle screw, throtle screw, choke adjustment, etc. You know, just the usual stuff.

Thanks!
    SilentRon

Originally posted by SilentRon View Post
    Does anyone have correct bench settings that you could share for a Carter RBS 3653S? I need to do a rebuild, and would like to know where to set the float, idle screw, throtle screw, choke adjustment, etc. You know, just the usual stuff.
    Thanks! SilentRon
    The instructions, float level gauge etc. should come in the required rebuild kit.

Idle speeds are set with a Tachometer.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I totally agree with you, StudeRich. However, carb rebuild kits sold these days don't always come with instructions. Sometimes the replacement float and choke thermostats are sold separately. I've seen some kits on the Internet that don't even have a float level gauge. It's a good idea to replace the float since they sometimes retain fuel with age. I have to admit I prefer the old days (yea, I'm dating myself) when carb rebuild kits came with EVERYTHING you needed, but that's not the world we live in. You're correct regarding using a tach to set the idle speed. It's been a while since I've rebuilt a carb, but I seem to remember bench settings for both idle and throtle screws prior to the tach setting. Anyway, thanks for the reply!

SilentRon

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
      The instructions, float level gauge etc. should come in the required rebuild kit.

Idle speeds are set with a Tachometer.

Comment

Anyone have a Carter RBS Service Manual? If so, could you share rebuild specs for a 3653S?

Thanks!
        SilentRon

Comment

buy a shop manual Ron...unless you're dumping the car...they are on eBay all the time....reasonable for what future questions you or your mechanic may have.....GL

Comment

hey better yet Ron....let me check the attic and see if I have that RBS kit instruction.......later...

Comment

Hi Ron,

I can send it to you. Give me your mail.
              Have a nice day.
              sigpic

Comment

Jack:

Thanks for checking. I'll be interested to see what you find in that attic!

Thanks again,
                SilentRon

Originally posted by jackb View Post
                hey better yet Ron....let me check the attic and see if I have that RBS kit instruction.......later...

Comment

Christophe:

Thanks for your reply. I'll send you a PM.

SilentRon

Originally posted by christophe View Post
                  Hi Ron,

I can send it to you. Give me your mail.
                  Have a nice day.

Comment

Working...
                  X