Rear Seal for T-85 O/D Trans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Seal for T-85 O/D Trans

Does anyone have a part # for the rear trans seal. I'm looking for a C/R or National if possible. Thanks! Rob in PA.

Your only resort might be...
    64 GT Hawk (K7)
    1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

The seal number I bought in January 1995 during my '56 Golden Hawk (T85C with overdrive) restoration was [B]15631565[B]. Don't know the brand, but am sure of the number. More than likely it was C/R or National, but those companies may have merged or changed their names. My records show that I bought two (one for a spare), but so far I can't locate it. If you saw my shop, you'd understand why (if there's ever an outbreak of bubonic plague in southeast Iowa, it will start there).

Good luck. I'll post if I can turn up any further information.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'll do some checking in my area. I needed the numbers other than Stude for possible interchange. There are no numbers on the seal that was in my tranny.

Comment

NAPA can usually cross the Stude #

Comment

I contacted a local parts store and they crossed my numbers listed above to a National 710486 which is used in a Ford application for the Explorer/Expedition/Navigator. I don't know year but was told it was used in transmission or transfer case. I have more checking to do. I hope this helps.

Comment

They're out there.... anywhere between $7.50 and $16.00... Hope the Diameters work for you..
              Here's RockAuto
              64 GT Hawk (K7)
              1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Working...
              X