56 coupe in dash turn indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 56 coupe in dash turn indicators

Does anyone either have a spare indicator set, or know what i could use to make a new set of the colored " lens"?

Thanks

Someone on here used two thicknesses of Mountain Dew soda bottle plastic. Don't know what model their car was. Fanta or Seven-Up probably works too.
    KURTRUK
    (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by kurtruk View Post
      Someone on here used two thicknesses of Mountain Dew soda bottle plastic. Don't know what model their car was. Fanta or Seven-Up probably works too.
      Thats a good idea, any thoughts on the high beam blue?

Comment

Did they use blue for high beams back then? I would have thought red. I haven't had a Hawk for over ten years now.
        KURTRUK
        (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by kurtruk View Post
          Did they use blue for high beams back then? I would have thought red. I haven't had a Hawk for over ten years now.
          You could be right, I'm guessing, I don't have the lens.
          I did see the top of a head and shoulders shampoo looks like it might work for blue.

Comment

A possibility might to use a 1955 Thunderbird dash "jewel" set which includes 2 red plastic inserts and 2 green turn signal inserts.
            They would probably have to be sized to fit the Hawk. Part number from CASCO is JS-1 and cost is $5.00

Comment

The high beam indicator is red. Mine slipped abit on the 55 and now it almost blinds me when I hit the kicker. Good tips. Thankis.
              Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Go to Office Depot and buy the colored index binder flaps and use the green and red plastics.
                JDP Maryland

Comment

I used the bottom of a vitamin bottle, cut little circles out with shears. For red I used a piece of ruby glass I had on hand (from another hobby).

Comment

I have kits for sale... two green & one red indicator patch per kit.. Price is $0.75 plus postage (include a stamped & addressed envelope with your order).
                    I made my first set while restoring my 1953 coupe & got requests for more; so I made up some kits. I started selling them at the Cedar Rapids International meet & will have the kits again at the South Bend May Swap Meet as well.
                    Miller Signs
                    1808 S. 11th Ave.
                    Eldridge, IA 52748.
                    I will be out of town for a while, but can answer the letters and send them out when I return next month.
                    Last edited by Deaf Mute; 02-10-2012, 06:15 PM.

Comment

I want a kit, Deaf Mute. Won't be at SB in May but hope to be at the Int'l in July. Any chance I'll see you there?

Comment

I won't be vending, but I will try remember to bring some along, I will be camping at the fairgrounds in site # 46.
                        I will also have some of my hood supports there for sale for Avantis and various Studes.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Mute View Post
                          I have kits for sale... two green & one red indicator patch per kit.. Price is $0.75 plus postage (include a stamped & addressed envelope with your order).
                          I made my first set while restoring my 1953 coupe & got requests for more; so I made up some kits. I started selling them at the Cedar Rapids International meet & will have the kits again at the South Bend May Swap Meet as well.
                          Miller Signs
                          1808 S. 11th Ave.
                          Eldridge, IA 52748.
                          I will be out of town for a while, but can answer the letters and send them out when I return next month.
                          I'll send you some cash, and you can mail when you return.

Dave I'll get a set for you too, I can drop them off when in Barrie.

Comment

Sweet! Thanks, Johnod. I have a "deficiency" list I keep working on and that just crosses another one off my list My rebuilt 6V radio won't sing, my JDP seat cover needs an install, my headliner has a few wrinkles and my back window is a bit corrupted. I have replacements. Question is: Do I just drive and enjoy, then wait until I want another refresh, or do I bite the bullet and make it pretty? Up here, the weather wil determine. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by warrlaw1 View Post
                              Sweet! Thanks, Johnod. I have a "deficiency" list I keep working on and that just crosses another one off my list My rebuilt 6V radio won't sing, my JDP seat cover needs an install, my headliner has a few wrinkles and my back window is a bit corrupted. I have replacements. Question is: Do I just drive and enjoy, then wait until I want another refresh, or do I bite the bullet and make it pretty? Up here, the weather wil determine. Cheers!
                              I dunno what it's like there , but the weather is really sucking here today.

Comment

Working...
                              X