Thanks to Bob Palma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks to Bob Palma

I just want to thank Bob Palma and the Cooperator crew for providing interesting and topical information at the Cooperator session last Tuesday at the Studebaker National Museum.
    I'm constantly amazed by the incredible knowledge that your guys have concerning our beloved Studes.
    Thanks again.
    Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
    '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
    Smithtown,NY
    Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Thanks, Roger; 'glad you enjoyed it.

That was the largest group of Co-Operator Advisors we have ever accumulated at an International Meet for the session. I will copy your thread, here, and send it on to each of them for whom I have an e-mail address; some are not regular visitors to The SDC Forum.

Thanks again. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thanks, Roger; 'glad you enjoyed it.

That was the largest group of Co-Operator Advisors we have ever accumulated at an International Meet for the session. I will copy your thread, here, and send it on to each of them for whom I have an e-mail address; some are not regular visitors to The SDC Forum.

Thanks again. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I didn't get to the Cooperator session, but I did speak with the guy who has the 51 Land Cruiser with the supercharged 289 in it. I had written to him for advice on installing the 289 V8 in my 52 Commander when I started it a few years ago.

He was very helpful and guess what...it is running! I had only driven it about 40 miles before I towed it to SB but I drove it all around town and even on the test track and it ran fine except for the bad synchronizers in the transmission.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

I didn't get to the Cooperator session, but I did speak with the guy who has the 51 Land Cruiser with the supercharged 289 in it. I had written to him for advice on installing the 289 V8 in my 52 Commander when I started it a few years ago.

He was very helpful and guess what...it is running! I had only driven it about 40 miles before I towed it to SB but I drove it all around town and even on the test track and it ran fine except for the bad synchronizers in the transmission.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

That would be The Thoms Brothers, Leonard. Carl answers most of the questions asked of the pair. Their 1951 Land Cruiser, which they of course drove from California to South Bend, now has about 330,000 miles on it[:0], they reported at The Co-Operator Tech Session Tuesday afternoon. BP

Comment

That would be The Thoms Brothers, Leonard. Carl answers most of the questions asked of the pair. Their 1951 Land Cruiser, which they of course drove from California to South Bend, now has about 330,000 miles on it[:0], they reported at The Co-Operator Tech Session Tuesday afternoon. BP

Comment

Carl and Herman Thoms were the first Studebaker mechanics that I met when I first started in the hobby in the 1980s. They're from little different cut of cloth than most of us, but they're both helpful and hard workers. They are surely responsible for hundreds of Studebakers being on the road that otherwise wouldn't be. I would bet Carl would be a very thorough, but fair judge.
                "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Carl and Herman Thoms were the first Studebaker mechanics that I met when I first started in the hobby in the 1980s. They're from little different cut of cloth than most of us, but they're both helpful and hard workers. They are surely responsible for hundreds of Studebakers being on the road that otherwise wouldn't be. I would bet Carl would be a very thorough, but fair judge.
                  "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

I the early 1970s in a SF garage, I was tearing apart a Sliding Roof Wagon and invited Herman over to take anything that I did't want - that much less for me to take to dump.
                    When I was done, IIRC, he said that was the most refined stripping he had seen! I don't know if that was a complement or insult. Karl

Comment

I the early 1970s in a SF garage, I was tearing apart a Sliding Roof Wagon and invited Herman over to take anything that I did't want - that much less for me to take to dump.
                      When I was done, IIRC, he said that was the most refined stripping he had seen! I don't know if that was a complement or insult. Karl

Comment

quote:Originally posted by sumf

I forgot to add: At a Q&A session, don't scratch your forehead with a SNM folder or Bob will think you have a question. Sorry, Bob.

Karl (I'm glad it wasn't an aution!)

Comment

quote:Originally posted by sumf

I forgot to add: At a Q&A session, don't scratch your forehead with a SNM folder or Bob will think you have a question. Sorry, Bob.

Karl (I'm glad it wasn't an aution!)

Comment

Working...
                          X