Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Food for thought "South Bend in May"?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food for thought "South Bend in May"?????

This has been on my mind for some time now and with me moving ahead with down sizing I think South Bend in May might be the answer. First with my wife being in a wheel chair it is hard to just up and leave and to take her on a trip like this would not work either, we talked about it and she thinks I should go for a number of reasons first I get rid of large item that other words we be scrapped and this way they could get into hands of people that need them. In order for me to do this I would need to sell enough to make it worth doing not just cover the cost of the trip. so lets hear some input from you people out there and see how much interest there is and it would not work to bring a full car on a trip like this it would take up all the room and not pay much, now if it was a car I sold and made money doing so then I could think about it. keep in mind all my tin is not perfect as I have been selling for some time and most of the better items are long gone, this is just step one of the planning of along trip in May for the South Bend meet, let me know your thoughts, thanks ....Bob
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

I hope this won't cancel the IM for you.

studedick from the lower Ozarks

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
      This has been on my mind for some time now and with me moving ahead with down sizing I think South Bend in May might be the answer. First with my wife being in a wheel chair it is hard to just up and leave and to take her on a trip like this would not work either, we talked about it and she thinks I should go for a number of reasons first I get rid of large item that other words we be scrapped and this way they could get into hands of people that need them. In order for me to do this I would need to sell enough to make it worth doing not just cover the cost of the trip. so lets hear some input from you people out there and see how much interest there is and it would not work to bring a full car on a trip like this it would take up all the room and not pay much, now if it was a car I sold and made money doing so then I could think about it. keep in mind all my tin is not perfect as I have been selling for some time and most of the better items are long gone, this is just step one of the planning of along trip in May for the South Bend meet, let me know your thoughts, thanks ....Bob
      Bob,

About that 59 C-cab truck cab? How rust free is it? I'll be at South Bend, too. Bo
      Bo

Comment

Bo it is rust free but already sold and going to Pa.....Bob
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

Bob, here's my thought on South Bend Swap Meet in May. I don't think it will be as well attended as previous years with the Summer International going on as well within a few weeks. I might be wrong but it is a long drive for you unless you have other things going on out this way at the same time.

I just looked at the event schedule for the Indiana Chapter and they do not have a Spring swap meet listed in May. I think they opted to do the Crossroads Meet in Frankenmuth due to the International in July

Allen
          1964 GT Hawk
          PSMCDR 2014
          Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
          PSMCDR 2013
          Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

I did SB in May for the last few years, but like Allen, this year I'm holding off for the International in July. Would love to see you, Bob, but May could be a little disappointing.
            Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

That is some of the reasons I posted this so what is happening in May in South Bend?
              Candbstudebakers
              Castro Valley,
              California

Comment

Here is their link:

I'll be there both times; vending in May & enjoying the International meet.... BUT I am only six hours away.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Mute View Post
                  Here is their link:

I'll be there both times; vending in May & enjoying the International meet.... BUT I am only six hours away.
                  Maybe the Michiana Chapter could update the events on the Studebaker Web Site. So we could all know what is going on.

Here is the link:

1964 GT Hawk
                  PSMCDR 2014
                  Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
                  PSMCDR 2013
                  Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

Working...
                  X