Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Might be a good buy for someone on the East side...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Might be a good buy for someone on the East side...

Hey guys,

Sick and bored, so I found this cruizing craigslist. Might be a good buy for someone over there....

Dylan Wills
    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
    1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
    1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
    1914 Ford Model T

Geeze, Dylan, if this is what you unearth when you're sick, you're not gonna' get very many Get Well cards! <GGG> BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Hahaha! Well thank goodness I'm not closer to that one though, I'd be calling on that engine in a heartbeat! (Bored out of my mind though, early onset pnumonia is the most boring thing ever, nothing "interesting" happens sick wise, and you can't go play in the garage; Mom made sure of that! )
      Dylan Wills
      Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
      1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
      1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
      1914 Ford Model T

Comment

I am guessing it is a huge rust bucket, but just parts alone seem WELL worth 600 bucks. Even if you have to crush the body and chassis, the window regs, motor, trans.....

Comment

Here is a better deal.
          Allen

Comment

Originally posted by silverhawk View Post
            Hey guys,

Sick and bored, so I found this cruizing craigslist. Might be a good buy for someone over there....

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/pts/2799337669.html
            This guy has been selling parts from this car for a while now, he sold the complete dash with an AM/FM radio a couple of months ago, I think it brought six hundred bucks.
            Phoenixville is 45 minutes from me, wish I could have seen or bought the whole car!
            Thanks Dylan.
            Jim
            I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Originally posted by satdoc2 View Post
              Man Allen, I wish I had the space a couple extra bucks, I would buy that GT from you. Be a nice reason to come out and see a dear Brother.

Comment

I saw the car when I bought the dash board for $500. The AM/FM radio works just a little static when changing the volume levels. The speedometer was a 160 mph unit but looks like one from an Avanti rather than a Hawk. The car was an R1, floor shift and had the rear sway bar and traction bars. It had been sitting outside a long time and when it wouldn't start they moved it around with a fork lift when it got in the way. It was dented and had extreme frame and floor rust. Before it was let to rot it looked like it was a reasonably nice car. The seller saved it from the cruser and is making money on the parts. He does a nice job of disassembly saving the fasteners in labeled plastic bags. The car wasn't one that could be saved. The radio and spedometer can be bought if anyone has an interest.

Ken

Comment

Ken- jd-stude, do you happen to have a phone number for this guy? He is not responding to emails.
                  Thanks,
                  Jim

Comment

He replied to my E-mail and said it was all sold.

Ken

Comment

Originally posted by jd-stude View Post
                      He replied to my E-mail and said it was all sold.

Ken
                      Thanks Ken, a friend "down under" was interested.
                      Jim

Comment

Working...
                      X