Champ Accident Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champ Accident Pics

Went to where they towed the truck and took pics. The gap between bed and cab now has a 1/2" difference between driver and passenger side and the floor of the bed is buckled.
    Attached Files

[QUOTE=rbruner;615913]Went to where they towed the truck and took pics. The gap between bed and cab now has a 1/2" difference between driver and passenger side and the floor of the bed is buckled.[/QUOTE

That really does suck. Surprisingly, the damage doesn't really LOOK like you got you got a full on whack from a SUV, however that bed buckle sounds ominous. Best part is you weren't hurt...hope the settlement is more than fair in your favour. Regards, Junior.
    Last edited by junior; 01-29-2012, 07:37 AM.
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Originally posted by rbruner View Post
      Went to where they towed the truck and took pics. The gap between bed and cab now has a 1/2" difference between driver and passenger side and the floor of the bed is buckled.
      Hi Bob,
      If you need one, I have a 6ft P2 bed on my 62 Champ I have been thinking of selling. PM me if interested.
      Jim
      I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Hope you smacked the other driver upside his punkin head!
        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I think we have some NOS Champ rear fenders at SI, I also remember loading some bed floors. I can check Monday.
          Chris Dresbach

Comment

Thanks, Chris
            I really appreciate it. I get an estimate tomorrow from a body shop & The SUV's owner's insurance co. also wants to inspect my "antique".

Comment

Way to drum it up there, Chris. Why waste money on an inventory database, when they've got you?
              Smirnoff: "At new SI, urgent part orders you..."
              Heh. Computers are programmed, but a parts man is born that way.

Comment

It was really too bad that happened but looking at the damage it was a good thing it didn't get into the cab , that looks very fixible....good luck with the fix.
                sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

By the looks of the wheel there might not have been a direct hit on the axle - but do make sure they check out the whole "squareness" of the drive train. Have seen some take similar type damage that also broke things which threw off the who geometry of the drive line.

Wonder if the other insurance company is going to argue with anything considering the circumstances...

Comment

Thanks, I'll have them check. I don't know if it's related but the gas tank now leaks at the top where it's bolted to the floor. Maybe it's just a gasket?

Comment

You'd be surprised how things can get upset from an impact.make sure you mention that to the adjuster,and that frame needs to be gauged when in the bodyshop !!! "do not let them" her ins. co get away with anything.
                      Thanks, I'll have them check. I don't know if it's related but the gas tank now leaks at the top where it's bolted to the floor. Maybe it's just a gasket?
                      Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
                        You'd be surprised how things can get upset from an impact.make sure you mention that to the adjuster,and that frame needs to be gauged when in the bodyshop !!! "do not let them" her ins. co get away with anything.
                        definitely to all above! gas tank leaking - make them prove you just need a gasket, etc. also, you pick where the champ is repaired, (state laws may vary)...

probably wouldn't hurt on your 1st meeting with "their" adjuster to maybe have a bit of a stiff neck that day. some "nerve root" spinal injuries don't swell the nerve up until after 72 hours of initial impact. trust me, i know...

just make sure "you" are satisfied!!!
                        Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

If it did not leak prior to the accident then it is a result of the accident - the vehicle is to be returned to what it was before the accident - don't let them tell you otherwise. And as 63t-cab stated, have the frame checked as well as things like tranny/motor/body mounts - all that stuff that can be impacted.

Comment

Thank you, thank you, thank you! This is my first accident since 1969. And I'm not mechanically inclined.

Comment

As Kerry and Patrick have said !!!, and also see if the passenger door operates as it did before the hit ?
                              Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Working...
                              X