"Beautiful Junk" - Spot the Studebakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Beautiful Junk" - Spot the Studebakers

I like obscure country music from the '60's, so while I was searching youtube for Vernon Oxford's "Watermelon Time in Georgia" I found this:

Last edited by Studebakercenteroforegon; 01-29-2012, 12:37 PM. Reason: Fixing link?

Trying this again - or search youtube for Vernon Oxford - "Beautiful Junk"

Comment

Link in post #1 now fixed.

Comment

I saw a couple of Studes in a stack. Lots of 1957 Fords.

Comment

Look at the background of the very first picture. There are two there, and maybe a third in the distance. The Silver Hawk and the '54 in the stack are readily seen.

Comment

'Great video. 'Love it, but it is painful to consider the lack of cancer some of those cars display! BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I saw at least 3 in the first picture and that was only at a quick glance.
              Boy if you were a Mopar, Cadillac, Studebaker or 57 Ford guy.....this video would have excited you.
              But, How did some of those cars get Soooooo Rusty?? Is that what they call "Acid Rain"?
              If so, you eastern guys better start wearing rain hats!
              Good Roads
              Brian
              Brian Woods
              woodysrods@shaw.ca
              1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

What is the vehicle @ 1:55? Canadian, perhaps?
                KURTRUK
                (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by kurtruk View Post
                  What is the vehicle @ 1:55? Canadian, perhaps?
                  I believe that is a 1959 Mercury. Whenever I see cars from this era, it makes me appreciate that a '58 Studebaker looks pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Studebakercenteroforegon View Post
                    I believe that is a 1959 Mercury.
                    Yep. It's a 1959 Mercury Montclair 4-door hardtop. Domestic (U.S.) offering. BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                    X