What's up with this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's up with this?

What is up with the Studebaker association in this ebay ad? Looks like a real repro of the Studebaker label.

Obviously the Studebaker corporation did not manufacture that part. I would guess that someone, maybe a Studebaker owner, is trying to use the name to get attention. The box and logo on the part sure look like Studebaker issue.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Even the part itself has the studebaker name on it.

Comment

Wow, that whole add and manufacturer name makes no sense to me. I know the KLR650 motorcycle very well. It is a larger single cylinder dual sport bike, meaning it is a street legal motorcycle that is also designed to be ridden off road and dirt roads or even trails. They are known for having kind of weak shift levers.
        My only guess would be the guy marketing these is a Stude fan and is using his favorite name and logo to market his new product or product line. No personal info on this, but this would be one possible guess.

Comment

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
          Obviously the Studebaker corporation did not manufacture that part. I would guess that someone, maybe a Studebaker owner, is trying to use the name to get attention. The box and logo on the part sure look like Studebaker issue.
          I saw that ad too, and just shrugged the guy off to be an idiot. :-) JS
          I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

I checked all of the guy's other parts and this is the ONLY ONE packaged and marked as "Studebaker". My guess: he bought this from the "Studebaker Motor Co." the one we all know as the "Studebaker" Motorcycle Parts, Scooter, imported Korean mini-Car labeled as "Studebaker" and the Web Site full of questionable information.

A problem here is that the "Studebaker Automotive Sales Corp." (SASCO) whose label they copied and changed to "Studebaker Sales Corp." is NOT "the Studebaker Motor Co." ! But I would not put it past them to do that.
            Last edited by StudeRich; 01-28-2012, 05:13 PM.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

This guy needs to figure out what name he wants to use. On the box it says "Studebaker Sales Corp" on the part it says "Studebaker MFG Inc." and in the add it says "Studebaker Coorporation".

I buy alot of shifter levers and this piece looks low quality since it looks painted and not annodized and the smooth look to it makes me think it is cast aluminum and not forged and of course NOT billet forged which are the best....sad to see a low quality, like Chinese or even India made product carrying the Stude name just because someone "can".
              Then I see the stolen Lazy S logo has a TM next to it....really? I feel violated.
              Last edited by kmac530; 01-28-2012, 05:48 PM. Reason: spell

Comment

I seen this in our local motorcycle shop 5+ years ago outfits been around for awhile. They make a broad assortment of aftermarket motorcycle accessories. As for quality I don't know but the shop we have here sell alot all makes of motorcycles atv and even a huge selection of Honda cars very big outfit and theyve sold the brand for years.
                John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Comment

Several years ago this guy started a website bragging about the rollout of the new Studebaker corp. with 'new' names, like Hawk, and Lark.
                  Nothing more than a website.
                  Most thought it a high school website project.
                  Then he started to make (package?) a few motorcycle parts.
                  This looks like one of those parts...

This was before the Atlanta guy splashed on the web about the 'new' Studebakers that were 3 wheel Chinese mini things.
                  And it was before the Colorado attempted revival of the Studebaker name in a car line...
                  That name still has value....
                  HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
                  X