1949 Studebaker truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1949 Studebaker truck

I just started working on a 49 truck. It is in decent shape but the front fenders are pretty
    bad and I am having trouble finding some. Anybody have an idea where to find any?
    Attached Files

Hello, and welcome to the forum. Good rust free, dent free, and unbroken front fenders for c cab trucks are one of those things that can be hard to find. Can't see the backs of yours but from your picture they don't look to bad. Patch panels are available for back of the fender from Classic Enterprises

Post up some more pictures and tell us what your plans are for your truck, stock, hot rod?
    TDITS The Dude In The Stude

Comment

Welcome aboard.

By northeastern standards, those are pretty good front fenders. There are better ones out there, but by the time you buy them and pay shipping from AZ, you could probably have someone who knows how put the patch panels in your.

jackvines
      PackardV8

Comment

The York (PA) swap meet will be held at the York Fairgrounds the first weekend in March. There are usually some decent fenders there for sale. If you're in NY, it might be worth a trip. Friday is the best day.
        Skip Lackie

Comment

Cove,
          Big welcome to the site and to the '49 C-cab world. I have a '49 C-cab as well that is close to being on the road. that is a nice looking starter. Give us a few more details on your project and keep us posted on progress. Most evryone here is helpful and supportive. You have found the best resource right here.
          As to new fenders, I have not seen any complete new ones out there myself, but the patch panels for the bottoms are available as stated and pretty easy to do. They have door bottom patches, inner panel door patches and floor and steps patches as well as A-pillar and frame support repair pieces. The truck is VERY decent to find parts for.
          Welcome and ask away if you need help....{not that I know anything...but many here do lol}

Comment

BTW, That Skip Lackey guy, ^^^^
            He is a sharp C-cab truck guy and has helped me alot in the last few months. Him and about 100 other guys like Roscomacaw, DwainG, SDude, StudeDude, StudeRich......i'm gonna get dizzy If I have to name them all.

Here is another patch panel place, limited pieces, but if you end up needing them later it is good to know:

Auto body panels, rust repair panels, Floor Pans & rocker panels for Pickup Truck, Jeep, Ford, Chevy, Wrangler, Plymouth, Dodge, Silverado, Cadillac, Cherokee

Comment

Hard to imagine anyone in the Northeast with a Studebaker hasn't been to York.
              Studebaker York Swap Meet is the longest running all-Studebaker swap meet in the world. Sponsored by the Keystone Region Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club.

Find parts vendors through the SDC home page http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/

Meet them at York first weekend in March http://www.sdckeystoneregion.com/
              Brad Johnson,
              SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Cove, here is another forum for you. It is for Stude trucks: http://www.network54.com/Forum/23885/
                1948 M15A-20 Flatbed Truck Rescue
                See rescue progress here on this blog:
                http://studem15a-20.blogspot.com/

Comment

the backs are the bad part they already have the patch panels there but not done well. I am taking them to a fabricator next week to see what they will charge.
                  It doesn't have the original engine but it is a Studebaker 6 from the same year, I do have the original but it is in pieces. I am not sure if I will leave the 6 in or
                  something else. I will defiantly check out york. thanks for all the info.
                  Last edited by cove; 01-28-2012, 06:56 PM.

Comment

cove: I just aquired a truck much like yours,but your front fenders are much better looking than mine.I have a friend who is a old school metal finisher who says he can make mine like new for much less than the cost of replacement ones.less than $200.00. you might check out a good body man.
                    rpsmarine.

Comment

Originally posted by cove View Post
                      the backs are the bad part they already have the patch panels there but not done well. I am taking them to a fabricator next week to see what they will charge.
                      It doesn't have the original engine but it is a Studebaker 6 from the same year, I do have the original but it is in pieces. I am not sure if I will leave the 6 in or
                      something else. I will defiantly check out york. thanks for all the info.
                      if you'll post the engine #'s of both, and the serial (aka: vin) number, someone will be here soon to tell you all about your truck!

and by all means, post more pics!!!
                      Last edited by Corvanti; 01-28-2012, 07:13 PM. Reason: added "more" in front of "pics" : )
                      Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Welcome to the forum. You can register your 2R truck at http://2rtruck.need-a-geek.com/ and click on some informative links there to help you learn about 2R trucks and help you get it on the road again. Just hover your mouse over the "Home" button.
                        Rick
                        Kingman, AZ

Comment

here are the numbers off the engines
                          Flathead 6
                          these were near the front of the engine
                          IR40355 (or 1R40355)

IR45339 (or 1R45339)

Comment

Working...
                          X