Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What car covers do you recommend for Avanti?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What car covers do you recommend for Avanti?

Is one made fitted to the car or just go with a universal one that fits?
    John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Depends on what you want to spend. Had 1 from Calif. Covers for my Avanti and was more than pleased. It was the soft flannel type. Fit great. Have used universal on others and not real happy.

Comment

I have California Car Cover covers on all 4 of my Studes. They start at around $100+ up to $300+ Depends on what you want it to do. The most expensive one I have is on my 52, it cost close to $300, but it has to be all weather since the car sits outside for 5 months down here in AZ. It is the best cover I have had, absolutely no dust or moisture gets through. It is called "Superweave". I used to have a K-mart cotton fits-all cover that I was really unhappy with since it was not water repellent, also lots of lint and dust remained on car. I had to clean car each time after removing cover. You can get on California Car Cover's website and peruse through what they offer. Lots of choices. Just my experience. There are other companies that make more economical covers.
      Last edited by 41 Frank; 01-28-2012, 08:11 PM. Reason: grammar
      Frank van Doorn
      Omaha, Ne.
      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
      1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
      1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

John, Let me know when you decide to get car covers for all your Studes, so I can buy stock in the company.

Comment

I believe in a light weght car cover for indoor storage. I do not believe in car covers for outdoor storage. If you want one for occassional use, like while at the SDC/AOAI International, go with a good quality cover that breathes/lets the moisture out.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

On my 78 Avanti II parked in my driveway during the show season, I have had great success with the PREMIUM TECH car cover Size E sold at PEP BOYS for $99. Its 4 layer and UV protect. I live in the Ft. Lauderdale area with the HOT florida sun, high humity and rain storms. Great cover for me.

Comment

California Car Cover. In garage storage. Had my upholstrey guy make some alterations, to ride some bulk, so it would conformed closer to the Avanti shape. Added a leather grommet, both sides, to the hole for the antennna to project through.

Comment

When I purchased my Avanti, there was a cover with it... but when I finished my '53 I was looking for a good cover and ran across Rick Hawkins (an SDC member) and his company Wellington Classics. He sells a great cover and has lots of choices to pick from The company he represents is Covercraft (www.covercraft.com). I feel it is always good to deal with a fellow SDC member if we can! According to my roster his email address is hawk5619@aol.com .

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Mute View Post
                  When I purchased my Avanti, there was a cover with it... but when I finished my '53 I was looking for a good cover and ran across Rick Hawkins (an SDC member) and his company Wellington Classics. He sells a great cover and has lots of choices to pick from The company he represents is Covercraft (www.covercraft.com). I feel it is always good to deal with a fellow SDC member if we can! According to my roster his email address is hawk5619@aol.com .
                  I have a cover from Rick also. I love it!!!! 5 minutes on or off all by myself. I will purchase through Rick again when the time comes.
                  Carey
                  Packard Hawk

Comment

Well guys it came with a real nice California cover Marie's gave it to me when I got there. Didn't have any idea she had one it fits great.
                    John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Comment

Working...
                    X