Avanti Gravel Guards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti Gravel Guards?

I've seen a couple of pictures of Avanti's that seem to have gravel shields on the lower fenders. Mine sure could use that. Is that an aftermarket product?

If you mean splash guards (mud flaps), those were an official Studebaker accessory, though I don't have the part number. I had a set of them in Studebaker packaging but sold them several years ago. Reproductions appear on the market from time to time.
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

SI in South Bend has them (repros). stupak

Comment

Had some, used them just for the road. Use large spring paper clips to secure them. Two per flap. Remove for shows. Sold them They were offered in white or black.

Comment

I have them on the rear wheel openings of my Avanti. They really do prevent damage to the paint.

Comment

Buck: If you get the shields from SI, the are 'shaped' rubber. And as Retired said, you fasten them on each fender (do the fronts and rears) with 2 or 3 'Boston' spring clips each. They really stay put! That way you do not have to drill mounting holes and they go on and off in a few seconds. They're the 'cars' meow!!! stupak (The Boston clips are those black spring metal clips with the clear metal 'handles' on each side)

Comment

I was looking at the one on March 2010 turning wheels and his looked screwed on. I'll try the paper clips

Comment

Working...
              X