Another Studebaker Imitator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Studebaker Imitator

Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere on the forum.

Story about Colorado firm shown on South Bend TV this morning:

Here's a link to the website discussed in the news item:

Last edited by 556063; 01-26-2012, 03:24 AM. Reason: post company link

Yep. it was referenced in Post #12 in this thread: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...-as-2011-model

Craig

Comment

I figured it had. Anyway, the news video has a nice interview of Andy Beckman. And, I find it interesting that the South Bend news staff gets the year Studebaker shut down altogether right, but doesn't reference 1963 at all. The year South Bend took the big hit. I can remember when 1963 was the only year referenced around here in most all references to the closing, and 1964-66 wasn't even mentioned. Time heals all wounds.

Comment

Originally posted by 556063 View Post
        I figured it had. Anyway, the news video has a nice interview of Andy Beckman. And, I find it interesting that the South Bend news staff gets the year Studebaker shut down altogether right, but doesn't reference 1963 at all. The year South Bend took the big hit. I can remember when 1963 was the only year referenced around here in most all references to the closing, and 1964-66 wasn't even mentioned. Time heals all wounds.
        Jack Coldwell didn't do that news spot, someone young enough to be his grandkid probably did!

Jack, as many know was the South Bend Tribune's cub-reporter that broke the news of the South Bend Operations closing a day earlier than Studebaker Corporation wanted it to be. He is now a very good speaker and with his "insider knowledge" of just how the closing came down, IMHO would make him a prime candidate as guest speaker during the 2012 SDC IM and/or 2012 AOAI IM.

Comment

About the ONLY "styling cues" of a Stude I see on any of those cars is the wide slots under the headlights on the mini truck looking thing on the webite that resemble the Hawks of the early 60's. Other than that I just see Kia Sportage or Hyundai Tuscon styling ISH stuff.
          But this stuff has been well discussed. I wish the brand would come back, but I doubt anyone could do it in a way that would honor the great design traditions of the original.

Comment

Working...
          X