Restomods...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restomods...

I'm all for keeping cars on the road, but this is just too goofy...what was he thinking?

'53 Commander
    '53 Commander
    Art Morrison chassis
    LS6 ASA/4L60E

It was once said "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

Certainly not my type....

1964 Daytona
    glen Brose
    Tumbleweed Flats, AZ

Comment

It was once said "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

Certainly not my type....

1964 Daytona
      glen Brose
      Tumbleweed Flats, AZ

Comment

Well, I don't like the Euro headlights - he went overboard on the interior. He really needs some pix of the side of the car to get a good look at the profile.

Chris Pile
        The Studebaker Special
        Midway Chapter SDC
        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Well, I don't like the Euro headlights - he went overboard on the interior. He really needs some pix of the side of the car to get a good look at the profile.

Chris Pile
          The Studebaker Special
          Midway Chapter SDC
          The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Interesting choice of materials.
            Rear trans IRS... Lookd pretty wide from the one view (what with the radius'ed back fenders)

Concussion bars for helmetless riders.

While I am not a fan of the laid back headlight buckets, those mini-Cooper ones look better than the Mercedes ones... Maybe it's the chrome edging that helps there...

Side mirrors and hood scoop hurt the look rather than help it..
            I betcha that it would be a fun car to drive.
            And to paint it yellow...of all the nerve!
            Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by ralt12

I'm all for keeping cars on the road, but this is just too goofy...what was he thinking?

'53 Commander
            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Interesting choice of materials.
              Rear trans IRS... Lookd pretty wide from the one view (what with the radius'ed back fenders)

Concussion bars for helmetless riders.

While I am not a fan of the laid back headlight buckets, those mini-Cooper ones look better than the Mercedes ones... Maybe it's the chrome edging that helps there...

Side mirrors and hood scoop hurt the look rather than help it..
              I betcha that it would be a fun car to drive.
              And to paint it yellow...of all the nerve!
              Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by ralt12

'53 Commander
              HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Not the way I would do it. I still look at Dick Steinkamps '54 Commander as the ultamate restomod. I think once you've gone too far, it goes past that designation. Call it a hot rod or a custom, but a restomod it's not.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Not the way I would do it. I still look at Dick Steinkamps '54 Commander as the ultamate restomod. I think once you've gone too far, it goes past that designation. Call it a hot rod or a custom, but a restomod it's not.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                  1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

To me, a restomod is not hacking up the body and changing it dramatically. I had plans of my own for mine, but it's going to look fairly stock on the outside.

Guard: Where are you going in such a hurry?
                    Gorrak the ranger: Uhhh...Gorrak have quiche in oven!!
                    Guard: well hurry along.

1953 Champion 2 door Sedan
                    2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS Coupe

Comment

To me, a restomod is not hacking up the body and changing it dramatically. I had plans of my own for mine, but it's going to look fairly stock on the outside.

Guard: Where are you going in such a hurry?
                      Gorrak the ranger: Uhhh...Gorrak have quiche in oven!!
                      Guard: well hurry along.

1953 Champion 2 door Sedan
                      2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS Coupe

Comment

Wow....I wonder if he was having problems with remebering the project that he was working on and that may be what accounts for the Studebaker moniker appearing on just about everything.[xx(]

Live your dreams!
                        Live your dreams!

Comment

Wow....I wonder if he was having problems with remebering the project that he was working on and that may be what accounts for the Studebaker moniker appearing on just about everything.[xx(]

Live your dreams!
                          Live your dreams!

Comment

I'm not so sure it's that bad...
                            Always have to consider we don't know what it looked like to begin with...
                            If it was out in a field rusting down, and would have soon been just another pile of junk rust, then he saved one that is still driveable and on the road.
                            I never criticize another mans dream...

My M5 is gonna have an extended cab, chopped roof, etc... so I guess it falls in the same class as this... of course all it has to please is me.
                            And the two M5's I used to build mine; one was on it's way to the crusher, and the other was rusting out badly. I figure I took two that was soon to be "extinct" and made one that will be on the road for several years.
                            May not look "original" but it will be driven daily and loved a lot

Comment

I'm not so sure it's that bad...
                              Always have to consider we don't know what it looked like to begin with...
                              If it was out in a field rusting down, and would have soon been just another pile of junk rust, then he saved one that is still driveable and on the road.
                              I never criticize another mans dream...

My M5 is gonna have an extended cab, chopped roof, etc... so I guess it falls in the same class as this... of course all it has to please is me.
                              And the two M5's I used to build mine; one was on it's way to the crusher, and the other was rusting out badly. I figure I took two that was soon to be "extinct" and made one that will be on the road for several years.
                              May not look "original" but it will be driven daily and loved a lot

Comment

Working...
                              X