Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Am I?

WHO AM I?
    To guess his secret identity, read the following clues!

1) He was raised in Southern California and always seemed to have a flair for he artistic.
    2) He got his first break as a designer with Ford. He moved to Studebaker/ Packard and then to General Motors.
    3) He worked on the 1963 "split-window" Corvette coupe and, back with Ford, the Boss Mustang.
    4) Later, he became an independent stylist, working on automotive and industrial designs.

STILL STUMPED?
    His name is Larry Shinoda, and he worked almost exclusively with styling wizard Bill Mitchell to pull off the '63 Corvette.
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

I knew that.....you didn't give me a chance to answer. Remember, I used to be a Ford guy.
    Jamie McLeod
    Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
    1958 Commander "Christine"
    1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
    1955 Commander Sedan
    1964 Champ
    1960 Lark

Comment

Heck... I knew all that stuff when I was in high school.... read about all Larrys' exploits in HOT ROD back in the 70's.
      Did you know he and his brother ran a roadster on the dry lakes?
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I wonder if he is related to the singer/rapper/guitarist/other stuff guy named Mike Shinoda from the band Linkin Park

Comment

My favorite Larry Shinoda design is the 1972 Discoverer motorhome by Rectrans. It looked a good 10-15 years ahead of it's time for aerodynamics.

Craig

Comment

I wonder if he is related to the singer/rapper/guitarist/other stuff guy named Mike Shinoda from the band Linkin Park
            No. Mike's dad is still alive.
            The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
              WHO AM I?
              This jog your memory?

Last edited by Guido; 01-20-2012, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Larry Shinoda wasn't always into Corvettes and motor homes. I have a photo of him in his 28-29 Ford roadster pickup, flathead V8 power, as a youngster.
                Klif
                55 Speedster/Street Machine
                63 Avanti R2
                64 Convertible R1

Comment

Larry was one of those unfortunate souls who was interned during WW II due to his ancestral ethnicity; his parents were from Japan.
                  --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

i'm a little "behind" in reading my mags - i always put stude related material on the top shelf in my, ahem, "library". while waiting for my TW last week, i read an article in "hemmings motor news", august 2011, pg 40, re: Mr. Shinoda's 1932 furd 3-window coupe. aka: "chopsticks special". he built it in 1953...

cool read!
                    Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Working...
                    X