Production of '54 & '55 Hardtops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Production of '54 & '55 Hardtops

Has anyone got production numbers for '54 Commander Regal Starliner Hardtop Coupe as well as '55 President State Hardtop Coupe? How about mid-range values for a very nice V/8 "driver" of those models? Thanks, Dan

Here are the production numbers from the Fourth Edition of The Standard Catalog of American Cars 1946-1975:

1954 Commander Starliner: 5,040
    1955 President State 2-door hardtop: 3,468

For valuations, go online to NADA Guides. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

1954 Commander Starliner 5,040

1955 President State Hardtop 3,468

Everyone's definition of "very nice driver" will be different and very few of these cars sell, so "value" is pretty subjective.

I'd say $10-$14,000 for a rust free, nicely restored car. $20-$30,000 for a show car.
      Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Thanks Bob. Think I'd feel more comfortable with SDC member's opinions over any printed or onlines guides such as NADA. Dan

Comment

Thanks Dick. Appreciate your feedback. Dan

Comment

Originally posted by CarCrosswordDan View Post
            Thanks Bob. Think I'd feel more comfortable with SDC member's opinions over any printed or onlines guides such as NADA. Dan
            I'd buy any and all 53 Starliners at NADA prices.
            Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post
              I'd buy any and all 53 Starliners at NADA prices.
              Hmmm...Isn't JDP still the Studebaker Valuations Advisor for NADA, Dick?

That was the basis for my recommendation, plus the fact that I'm not comfortable issuing opinions on such things. BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Canadian production of 54 Commander Starliners was 145.

Terry

Comment

I think Dick's price range is fair. Mine cost $50,000 to get it where it is (after a few mulligans) and it appraised in at $30,000. When I'm gone it will probably be disposed of for under $20,000, but I get to drive the wheels off it 'til then
                  Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Dave, who should I send my contact info to in case of your unexpected passing? Dan

Comment

LOL. I have no heirs, but my staff have kept me in the game so far, so they'll be in charge. All ladies so they probably won't keep my car (but they'll fight over my dog)
                      Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

What are my chances of being adopted ?

Comment

Working...
                        X