PDA

View Full Version : Gonna put some stuff on eBay

pdrnec
01-16-2012, 06:19 PM
Thought I'd give the group a shot at them first.

Both projects, but solid no-rust bodies.

First is a 63 GT Hawk, tired 289/auto that runs enough to get it on a trailer. Primered, all the trim etc is there. Light surface rust, no rot. $1000 OBO + shipping unless you want to pick it up. You'll save the cost of shipping by not having to replace rusted out sections.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pdrnec/sets/72157628903425207/

Also have a 63 Wagonaire, over $3K in paint & body work. No rust, no bondo. Full set of rubber, all trim pieces, all interior, Turner disk brakes on the front. I'll drop the engine & trans in, put the glass in but it won't drive onto a trailer. Decent motor & trans. $3000 OBO + shipping unless you want to pick it up.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pdrnec/sets/72157628885805275/

63t-cab
01-16-2012, 07:59 PM
Seems to me that wagon will make someone a super car,paintjob looks fine.

kurtruk
01-16-2012, 10:18 PM
What is the "XX" on the Wagonaire body tag?

pdrnec
01-18-2012, 10:11 AM
GT Hawk is spoken for, Wagonaire is still available. No clue what the XX tag means.

Bob Andrews
01-18-2012, 05:02 PM
That Wagonaire is a hell of a deal. I really wanted to get that and finish it to the high level you've started it, just couldn't swing it. I was hoping you'd kinda forget about it till this summer when I could:)

Anybody wanting a quality Wagonaire that can finish it can't go wrong. Help yourselves, guys!

candbstudebakers
01-19-2012, 01:31 AM
Heading south tomorrow AM to get the GT hawk and look over other cars and items, wish me luck.

avantilover
01-19-2012, 01:59 AM
Good Luck Bob :-)~

pdrnec
01-21-2012, 11:36 AM
Thanks to Bob Peterson and Dick Steinkemp - the GT Hawk is gone, the 53 Commander and the 63 Wagonaire are going.

All that's left is a 63 Cruiser in stellar shape, all it needs is maybe new springs, it rides kinda low. Recent paint, no rust, no bondo. Zero time 289 with an HD auto trans, 2 1/2" duals through Flowmasters, power front door locks, front disc brakes, AM/FM/AUX radio conversion with XM radio. Interior by John Poulos. Pictures at http://www.flickr.com/photos/pdrnec/sets/72157628584019619/
Will be on eBay soon unless someone makes me an offer I can't refuse.

Also available is a built 289:
Crower cam, NOS .030 over R1 pistons, Perfect circle
chrome rings, .010 undersize CLevite 77 bearings, aluminum timing gear,
new valves, springs and guides,500 cfm AFB, NOS oil pump and it's been
balanced.

$2500 OBO for the motor, don't want to ship it so I'm hoping for a local buyer.

Dick Steinkamp
01-21-2012, 11:47 AM
it rides kinda low.

And the problem with that is??.... ;)

That Cruiser is quite special! :cool: (hmmm...I wonder if my transport guy will give me a twofer)

Thanks for the sweet deal on the Wagonaire, Pat. I'm looking forward to digging into it.

mbstude
01-21-2012, 12:00 PM
Thanks for the sweet deal on the Wagonaire, Pat. I'm looking forward to digging into it.

Dick, glad to see you getting another Stude project. And a wagon, I approve. :cool:

Dick Steinkamp
01-21-2012, 12:05 PM
Dick, glad to see you getting another Stude project. And a wagon, I approve. :cool:

Long roofs rule! :)

pdrnec
01-21-2012, 12:13 PM

I brought him back into the light ;)

candbstudebakers
01-21-2012, 12:14 PM
Pat is a great guy to deal with and I will be going back next week to get the 53 coupe and some parts, Dick is getting a real sweet car to work with and should come out as nice as the others and then after he runs the wheels off it you can buy it. the 63 cruiser Pat has is also a very nice car, any one would be happy showing up to any Studebaker meet in it even if it has 4 doors, just wish I didn't have so many right now and wanted a nice driver it is the one, any one interested at all should get in touch with Pat.

StudeMichael
01-21-2012, 12:23 PM
What is the "XX" on the Wagonaire body tag?

I was wondering the same thing

mbstude
01-21-2012, 12:23 PM
Long roofs rule! :)

You betcha.. Every time I walk into the garage I stop and think, "Man, that's just a cool car." :cool:
Now I need to find a surfboard to stick on the roof rack.

What are you going to use for an engine? If you go with a Chevy, at least make it a cool one. :rolleyes:

pdrnec
01-21-2012, 12:28 PM
You betcha.. Every time I walk into the garage I stop and think, "Man, that's just a cool car." :cool:

What are you going to use for an engine? If you go with a Chevy, at least make it a cool one. :rolleyes:

There is a decent 289 in it now.

Dick Steinkamp
01-21-2012, 12:51 PM

Finding a surf board in Georgia is like finding a peach tree in north west Washington State. ;). I still have my 10' 6" Cooper in the garage rafters. It will break where the Straits of Juan de Fuca meet Whideby Island with a north west swell and that's only an hour or so from me, but the board hasn't been wet in 5 years.

The Wagonaire will remain 289/Flightomatic. Stude power is fine with me and if Pat says it is a good running engine, then it is a good running engine and no reason to do something different.

dean pearson
01-21-2012, 01:09 PM
I can't believe no one has offered up what the XX means ????

Can it be the group has been stumped ?!?

Dean.

Dick Steinkamp
01-21-2012, 01:44 PM
I can't believe no one has offered up what the XX means ????

Can it be the group has been stumped ?!?

Dean.

We did discuss body tag streamers in some detail here...

Body Tag Streamers (http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/showthread.php?15596-Cowl-tag-streamer-info-needed&highlight=streamer)

Leonard posted a picture of another XX...

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q8/LHSJR/Studebakerbodytags004.jpg

Gary was the only one to offer a possible explanation...

"I think that the; XX, G, etc. were special build for an employee (executive) or for a special purpose (show)."

StudeRich
01-21-2012, 11:06 PM
Well he must have been a true CASO to order a Y4!