Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

America's Car Museum received an extra special Christmas gift in their stocking.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• America's Car Museum received an extra special Christmas gift in their stocking.

LeMay, America's Car Museum received an extra special Christmas gift in their stocking.

A 1951 Studebaker Champion Starlight Coupe:

http://www.lemaymuseum.org/blog/beautiful-bullet-nose-coupe/

The pictures also gives you a glimpse of some of the museum interior design, with arched lambeams and views over the city and bay.

Millions of people from around the world will be viewing the museum and some fine Studebaker's.
    Exposing Studebaker's to people who have never seen one will be in for a treat!

James Bell
    Bells Studebaker Diner & Museum
    Bellingham, WA.

Thanks for sharing ....thats a TW cover shot if I've ever seen one !
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Very nice, James. It's a good thing Studebaker made so many bullet-nose cars, so everyone and every museum can have a nice one now. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

WOW...just look at that color!
        Not to mention the fit and finish. What a gorgeous example.
        Andy
        62 GT

Comment

Hannah Motors was a successful Studebaker dealer in Vancouver, WA up to the end. They then sold Mercurys and ultimately expanded to several large dealerships, still in the Vancouver, WA. area.
          A couple of years ago, when they were closing out new PT Cruisers at very low prices, I went over to Hannah Chrysler to check them out. And there, on the Chrysler-Jeep showroom floor, was this very '51 Champion - clearly restored to a high level of quality.
          Dick Hannah did not forget his roots!

Comment

Thanks for the info on the dealership and this car.
            Your right about it being a nice restoration!

I haven't seen this car in person yet, but look forward to seeing it!

James
            Bells Studebaker Diner & Museum
            Bellingham, WA.

Comment

Wow, the paint is spectacular.
              Pat Dilling
              Olivehurst, CA
              Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Dilling View Post
                Wow, the paint is spectacular.
                I was thinking the same thing. What color is that? Does anyone know?
                Dave Nevin
                Corvallis, OR
                1953 Champion Deluxe Coupe
                Stud-e-venture blog

Comment

SWEET! Forgive my ignorance, but isn't the nose trim ring from a '50?
                  Chip
                  '63 Cruiser
                  '57 Packard wagon
                  '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
                  '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

The trunk license plate light housing is the low line model. bullet looks like a 50, Knit picken I know but.....

Comment

It's a 51 bullet. It's just missing the painted trim ring. Maybe they couldn't get it to close all the way and left it off...
                      Jon Stalnaker
                      Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

RE: The subject Champion's blue color, to answer Dave Nevin's question in Post #8.

It would appear that the color is not a 1951 Studebaker color. Here is the 1949-1952 Studebaker page from my nice, well-preserved 1952 Martin-Senour Automotive Finishes Color Catalog:

Note that metallic colors are denoted by the word "poly." There are no colors denoted "poly" for 1951, only for 1949 and 1950. This is a 1952 catalog, so if a color was introduced mid-year 1951, it would have been included in this catalog.

That said, it sure looks like it should have been a color!

Speculating, here: 1950 was such a high-production year that I wonder if they had trouble with metallics and decided to do away with them for 1951, hoping to get the cars out the door as fast as possible by minimizing potential production problems. ?????

The industry was certainly "going" to metallics in a big way, so it's an interesting question to ponder, why Studebaker apparently had "none for '51." BP
                        Last edited by BobPalma; 01-16-2012, 09:47 AM.
                        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

If it were mine, folks could nit-pick it til they turned this shade of blue. I'd be too busy grinning to notice.
                          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Thanks Bob!
                            Dave Nevin
                            Corvallis, OR
                            1953 Champion Deluxe Coupe
                            Stud-e-venture blog

Comment

Working...
                            X