PDA

View Full Version : It sure would be nice to get my issue of turning wheels been waiting and nothing so far

speycaster
01-13-2012, 11:42 PM
Where is my issue ?????????????????????????????????

Welcome
01-14-2012, 07:21 AM

Do you mean your FIRST issue? Did you join the SDC recently???

TIA

Henry Votel
01-14-2012, 07:29 AM
Your "issue" should be directed to:

Cornerstone Registration Ltd
PO Box 1715
Maple Grove, MN 55311

mark@cornerstonereg.com

(763) 420-7829

No one here can investigate your question.

Henry Votel
Forest Lake, MN

JRoberts
01-14-2012, 07:34 AM
I am in the same boat concerning not receiving my January issue of Turning Wheels. I contacted the editors and was told that all of January's issues were mailed at the same time by the printer and that the problem was with my post office. The problem is that several folks I know with different home post offices are yet to get their January issue. I will contact mine next week if I do not get it today. I guess my quandary is that if somebody in Australia can get theirs already, why can't I? Until last month this had not been a problem. Prior to December I got mine by the 3rd week of the month prior to the issue's month. But December saw a dramatic change and this month is the same.

BobPalma
01-14-2012, 08:50 AM
Joe, you're not alone. Distribution has been spotty, even though they went into the mail at the same time. I've had my January issue (I don't get special treatment being "on staff;" my copy is mailed the same as everybody else's) more than two weeks.

But the other day, per the post about his 1963 Daytona Wagonaire being in Motor Trend Classic, I was talking to Malcolm Berry. He lives barely 100 miles east of me and said no one in his western-Ohio area had received theirs yet, including him!

Weird. BP

55champion
01-14-2012, 11:18 AM
Got mine last Thursday 1/12/12

studegary
01-14-2012, 01:57 PM

Where are you and what issue are you expecting?

JRoberts
01-15-2012, 06:56 AM
Joe, you're not alone. Distribution has been spotty, even though they went into the mail at the same time. I've had my January issue (I don't get special treatment being "on staff;" my copy is mailed the same as everybody else's) more than two weeks.

But the other day, per the post about his 1963 Daytona Wagonaire being in Motor Trend Classic, I was talking to Malcolm Berry. He lives barely 100 miles east of me and said no one in his western-Ohio area had received theirs yet, including him!

Weird. BP

Well, I did get the March issue of Hot Rod yesterday. ;)

cobraman428
01-15-2012, 07:24 AM
As the ole saying goes......Give it a few days. When the employee at the post office has finished reading it during lunch, you'll then get it !!!!

DEEPNHOCK
01-15-2012, 07:39 AM
Well, I did get the March issue of Hot Rod yesterday. ;)

Did you notice how the 'stock' Mustang on the cover went from 200MPH on the cover to 250 mph in the index, and back to 200 mph in the article?:rolleyes:;):confused:
Jeff:cool:

BobPalma
01-15-2012, 02:42 PM
Did you notice how the 'stock' Mustang on the cover went from 200MPH on the cover to 250 mph in the index, and back to 200 mph in the article?:rolleyes:;):confused:
Jeff:cool:

Merely verifies good acceleration and good brakes, Jeff. BP

KJongenburger
01-15-2012, 04:21 PM
Still waiting anxiously for my January issue here in sub sea level mudland (Netherlands)

JRoberts
01-15-2012, 07:13 PM
Merely verifies good acceleration and good brakes, Jeff. BP

Bob, you took the words right out of my mouth. :) ;)

Corvanti
01-15-2012, 07:36 PM
haven't got my jan issue yet...

joe, i thought i might get mine on saturday - before yours again, since the usps fayetteviile distribution center seems to deliver our mail here in wilm before they do yours... :rolleyes:

maybe tuesday?

JRoberts
01-17-2012, 09:11 PM
Well, not today for me.

Corvanti
01-17-2012, 09:19 PM
Well, not today for me.

same here...

avantilover
01-18-2012, 12:28 AM
Nothing so far down her in OZ, but maybe tomorrow??? I sure wish the publisher would use a good mailing company - Hemmings use Pitney Bowes - no worries with them.

JRoberts
01-18-2012, 06:51 PM
As I said earlier my email to the editors resulted in a reply that said all of this had to be a USPS problem and that I should contact my local post office. I pondered this for a while, but since it is happening all over I decided it probably was not a USPS issue. I called Cornerstone today as was suggested earlier in this thread. (I had called the editors prior to that particular post on this thread.) The line was so busy that they could not answer and asked for a phone number so they could call me back. I got a call late this afternoon. I presented my problem and was promptly told that she would be glad to send me a replacement issue. I said that would be fine, but i was not the only person with this same problem. She again said she would be glad to send me another copy. Naturally I said okay. When I got home this evening i was dreading going the mailbox because I was sure my January issue would be in the box, but it wasn't. I wonder how long it will take to get my replacement issue and which will come first the real one or the replacement one. i figure if they were willing to send me a replacement copy, it must be far enough into the month that they figure I should have gotten my January issue by now.

Bob Bryant
01-18-2012, 07:43 PM
The January issue arrived yesterday in Fort Pierce after being forwarded from Connecticut. No complaiints.

ggrebner
01-18-2012, 09:13 PM
I've still not received my January issue, nor has my father. We are in Southwest Ohio like Malcolm Berry. Getting a little ridiculous that we don't have it by the 18th of January. If they were mailed out on time, the post office appears to have a serious problem.

Gary Grebner

Corvanti
01-18-2012, 09:36 PM
i got my "antique studebaker club" mag today. :)
and still getting all my bills on time, but still no TW! :mad:

i'm really not one to "b&c" about things. usually a yes, i got it. or no, not yet - on threads like this...

this is just something that needs to be "fixed". don't really care who is messing it up...

Chris_Dresbach
01-18-2012, 11:50 PM

Weird. BP

Did you get your issue yet? I got mine about a week or so ago if not longer.

dnevin
01-19-2012, 12:50 AM
I got mine at least a week, if not a couple of weeks ago. So I suspect that if it were coming it would be here by now. Maybe your membership took a bit to process and missed the deadline for the shipping of the January edition?

JRoberts
01-19-2012, 06:38 AM
I got mine at least a week, if not a couple of weeks ago. So I suspect that if it were coming it would be here by now. Maybe your membership took a bit to process and missed the deadline for the shipping of the January edition?

I don't know about Speycaster, who initiated this thread, but my dues were renewed a few months ago and have received newsletters since then. Now, I will reiterate that December's was late also. That said I must say that this is an unusual thing for me, because in the past when others have had such problems I did not. That is why this is so surprising to me.

Corvanti
01-19-2012, 03:11 PM
FYI: got my TW today... very nice!!! :cool:

starliner62
01-19-2012, 04:49 PM
Mine came today also!! All is right with the world now!

JRoberts
01-19-2012, 06:42 PM
Got mine too. Now let me go and explore what looks to be a very good issue. :) :) :)

dnevin
01-19-2012, 07:38 PM
I don't know about Speycaster, who initiated this thread, but my dues were renewed a few months ago and have received newsletters since then. Now, I will reiterate that December's was late also. That said I must say that this is an unusual thing for me, because in the past when others have had such problems I did not. That is why this is so surprising to me.

Joe,

I was responding to Ed, who started this post (and happens to live in the same town as me). This said, I am very happy your edition arrived today. :)

Dave

Stu Chapman
01-20-2012, 10:27 AM

Weird. BP

We left home for Florida on January 11th with no January TW delivered. I emailed Cornerstone and asked for a copy to be forwarded. It was here on the 17th. Thanks Mark!

Gary Lindstrom seens to know when various issues are mailed. January was 6 days late he says. Question ONE - why can't our staff stick to deadlines? At least then we would have a better handle on what we're talking about. Question TWO - does anyone out there wonder why you have never seen any reference to this ongoing problem published in Turning Wheels? Question THREE - why doesn't any Board member besides Art Unger take an interest in this problem on thye Forum?

Stu Chapman

cruiser
01-20-2012, 10:58 AM
STU ,

We here in Australia have had the January 2012 issue of Turning Wheels for
about a week and a half .
But you may remember that in the earlier months of last year , Australia had
a real problem getting any of the issues to turn up .
For a while in some shady deal , our issues were routed via Europe , spending
some time floating around Belgium .
We emailed ex President Mimi Halgren and posted a thread here . Something
positive was done and our issues now come out of a bulk mailer in Jamaica , New York.
I think you might need to email the current President to try to resolve what is
obviously a breakdown in the distribution process for Canada and parts of the USA.
It may be that there have been cutbacks in the USPS and the bundles just lay
around until someone falls over them .
One thing is for sure , when Turning Wheels arrives , it is worth the wait . I
hope your problems get resolved real soon .

CRUISER

warrlaw1
01-20-2012, 01:42 PM
Still waiting for mine here in Ontario.

2R5
01-20-2012, 02:10 PM
hey Dave , haven't you heard that Canada Post isn't doing mail delivery north of the 401 'till 1st of May ,winter delivery <g>

warrlaw1
01-20-2012, 02:49 PM
My postie is also a client (lol). They've been getting the bills through OK. Oh well, time to cocoon for the weekend. Beer, dog, TV, snacks, fireplace...just no TW!

blade
01-20-2012, 03:16 PM
Still have not received mine yet in North Ga.,but everything is a week or two late with our post office.Just hope it's not mutilated with the covers ripped off again.

JRoberts
01-20-2012, 04:24 PM
We left home for Florida on January 11th with no January TW delivered. I emailed Cornerstone and asked for a copy to be forwarded. It was here on the 17th. Thanks Mark!

Gary Lindstrom seens to know when various issues are mailed. January was 6 days late he says. Question ONE - why can't our staff stick to deadlines? At least then we would have a better handle on what we're talking about. Question TWO - does anyone out there wonder why you have never seen any reference to this ongoing problem published in Turning Wheels? Question THREE - why doesn't any Board member besides Art Unger take an interest in this problem on thye Forum?

Stu Chapman

Good questions. I began wondering about this when last month's issue was so late for those of us in SE North Carolina. I will be very honest here, I am becoming very disappointed in our Board Members. This became even more so after reading our new president's column in this month's Turning Wheels.

Jim B PEI
01-20-2012, 04:36 PM
Ontario still not received today? I got mine yesterday in rural PEI, so it should be soon.

studegary
01-21-2012, 12:43 PM
Good questions. I began wondering about this when last month's issue was so late for those of us in SE North Carolina. I will be very honest here, I am becoming very disappointed in our Board Members. This became even more so after reading our new president's column in this month's Turning Wheels.

I hope that you have been in communication with your SDC Board member (Ed B.).

KJongenburger
01-22-2012, 04:15 AM
Another week and no January issue has arrived here yet. I'm leaving for Africa tomorrow before the mail arrives. So I'll have to wait another week and some of you will be reading their Feb. issues before I read Jan. Life can be so hard ...

s2d63lark
01-22-2012, 08:17 AM
hey Dave , haven't you heard that Canada Post isn't doing mail delivery north of the 401 'till 1st of May ,winter delivery <g>

Well Bob, that doesn't work either since I have yet to see my issue and I'm SOUTH of the 401.

Stu Chapman
01-26-2012, 10:55 AM

Have you contacted your Board member yet, as Gary Lindstrom has suggested? The Forum has been a great vehicle for airing our concerns but if the Board members are not contacted directly then they can easily say they have not received any complaints.
Stu Chapman

KJongenburger
01-27-2012, 07:04 AM
January 27th is a great day. Today, just before the weekend, the January issue of TW arrived.