Question on windshield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on windshield

Does anyone know how you would tell the difference between a stationwagon , convertible windshield and that of a sedan type for 64-66 ?
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Sure, it is the same Windshield used on all 1963 Larks, the top corners WRAP way more than the '64 Sedan/Hardtop Windshield.

My guess is that it is slightly taller also.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

is there some feature that stands out so you don't buy the wrong one? I have an opportunity to buy a windshield just don't want to buy the wagon type when I want the sedan type.
      sigpic

Comment

Yes; the only real difference as I said, is the outboard top corners wrap more tightly around to the sides on '63 W/S & '64 Wagon/Convertible.
        The top curvature almost matches that of the bottom wraparound on the '64 Sedan, much more gentle.

I just measured one of each and even though the Wagon/Convertible roof LOOKS taller, actually they both are very close to 21 1/2" from the outside of the Gasket/Moulding top to bottom, center. I could not acurately measure the glass since these are installed, but it's slightly less.

It is not too big a deal if you get the wrong one unless there is a lot of shipping cost, plenty of people here could use one or a spare if it is good/perfect used or NOS. There are LOTS of '63 Larks out there, and also quite a few '64 Wagons/Convertibles.

About $150.00 used, $350.00 New is fair for these, with Tinted being a Plus. All New fresh stock are Chinese and not the same. Look for the PPG or LOF watermark on original factory glass.
        Last edited by StudeRich; 01-12-2012, 03:26 PM.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks for your help Rich ....guess I probably should just buy it and worry if its right later...it is a NOS one.
          I know I should have a 50/50 chance its what I want and I can always pedal it if its not next spring.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X