PDA

View Full Version : Packard Hawk parts - at York

mbstude
01-11-2012, 05:45 PM
It looks like next week I will finally be taking ownership of a '58 Packard Hawk. The car is rusty, has no engine, rear end, front suspension, interior, glass, etc. The fiberglass nose is also missing. But I'm told that almost everything else that makes the car a Packard Hawk is intact. The hood, side trim, exterior 'arm rests', serial and cowl tags, and I'm sure a lot more is still there.

The car will be stripped and parts will be hauled to York. If anyone has any specific requests, let me know. I don't want to leave anything on the car that might have value to someone. Email me directly, mbstude@gmail.com

Milaca
01-11-2012, 10:18 PM
Despite the fact that it is missing some parts, not many people can say that they own an actual Packard Hawk! :)

mbstude
01-11-2012, 10:45 PM
I agree Brent. I'm glad that I can get the car and make rare parts available for others, but on the other hand it's pretty sad because a Packard Hawk is my favorite of all C/K cars.

The cowl tag might end up on my Broadmoor wagon. I wonder if anyone would ever notice.

hausdok
01-11-2012, 11:05 PM
Hi Matthew,

You say it's "rusty." does that mean the tub is completely shot? If not, perhaps you could borrow a nose, have a good fiberglass fabricator cast a new nose piece and then resurrect it with an Art Morrison chassis (http://artmorrison.com/homepage.html)under it with an avanti drivetrain. A scavenged S.H. would provide what you need to have Rene' Harger build you a new interior. You'd then have a daily driver P.H. restomod with a state of the art chassis and brakes and would be tooling around in your favorite of all C/K cars.

Mike O'Handley
Kenmore, Washington
hausdok@msn.com

Corvanti
01-11-2012, 11:29 PM
before you tear it down, how about a pic or two? :)

mbstude
01-11-2012, 11:31 PM
You betcha, I'll have the camera with me!

Hi Matthew,

You say it's "rusty." does that mean the tub is completely shot? If not, perhaps you could borrow a nose, have a good fiberglass fabricator cast a new nose piece and then resurrect it with an Art Morrison chassis (http://artmorrison.com/homepage.html)under it with an avanti drivetrain. A scavenged S.H. would provide what you need to have Rene' Harger build you a new interior. You'd then have a daily driver P.H. restomod with a state of the art chassis and brakes and would be tooling around in your favorite of all C/K cars.

Mike O'Handley
Kenmore, Washington
hausdok@msn.com

I've not seen the car in person or even seen a photo, just going on what the seller is telling me. If the car ends up being better than his description, then I'll definitely seek out to find it an owner that'll restore it. If I had the funds/time/shop for what you're mentioning, then I'd do it. As it stands, I have none of the above and I think the car will be best suited for parts.

...Anyone interested in building a Packard Hawk Bonneville car..? <grin>

candbstudebakers
01-12-2012, 12:31 AM
If any one is interested in a 58 Packard hawk complete car has not been run for about 10 years or so, right now I have no pictures but can and will get some if some one is really interested, it belongs to someone that I have gotten other cars from in the past.

hausdok
01-12-2012, 12:51 AM
If any one is interested in a 58 Packard hawk complete car has not been run for about 10 years or so, right now I have no pictures but can and will get some if some one is really interested, it belongs to someone that I have gotten other cars from in the past.I'd be interested in knowing more. I'm in the middle of one now but I'd still be interested in seeing what it is you're talking about and might be interested in putting another project on the burner. If it doesn't work for me, I know another guy who'd probably be interested.

Mike O'Handley
Kenmore, Washington
hausdok@msn.com

ROADRACELARK
01-12-2012, 09:48 AM
Matthew,
Call me... parts,parts......

Dan Miller
Auburn,GA

candbstudebakers
01-12-2012, 10:40 AM
I'd be interested in knowing more. I'm in the middle of one now but I'd still be interested in seeing what it is you're talking about and might be interested in putting another project on the burner. If it doesn't work for me, I know another guy who'd probably be interested.

Mike O'Handley
Kenmore, Washington
hausdok@msn.com

Mike the car is about 50 miles from me so it might take a week or so to get some pictures, I will see what I can do and then post them in your PM.

hausdok
01-12-2012, 11:19 AM
Thanks,

That'd be great. I don't want to put you out, so don't make a special trip just for me. I can wait until you'll be going that way anyway.

If you hear of anything up my way that you'd like looked at and need pictures of, give a shout so I can reciprocate.

Mike O'Handley
Kenmore, Washington
hausdok@msn.com