First cruise of 2012. Video!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First cruise of 2012. Video!

So last Saturday, Jan. 7, I drove my Studebaker for the first time in 2012. I went to a cruise night in Byron, GA and the car ran fabulous. The car which the camera is in is my dad's 70 1/2 T/A which has been sitting since May due to a cut sidewall in one tire. Though you can't tell, the exhaust actually echoes off of other cars. I run 3000 rpm at 70, while the T/A is at 3400 so I have a better ride, but he has way more torque with his 455. The only driveability issue left to take control of is the brakes which are poor, probably due to air...
    Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
    Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
    Lizella, GA

Thanks for the video. Like your car very much, and it has a nice sound.

Comment

very nice, alex!!!

yeah, the brakes are kinda important...

any paint colors in mind?
      Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Great to see you and the Stude out on the road!!!
        sigpic
        Dave Lester

Comment

Alex- someday 40 years from now someone will capture a shot from that video of you through that driver's door and make it into a high-quality photo, which will appear on 'memories' pages of all the major car mags. You will be thought of as the coolest ever. Hear me now, belive me later. In fact, that shot already has you in the upper tier of cool

As a side note, I liked the 'potato rocket' video. I've got one similar, but with a sewer T on the bottom with a lantern igniter. Mine uses hair spray. Built it about 20 years ago and dusted it off upon request after about 10 years for my nephew's grad party. Everybody had fun launching potatoes, even his cop father
          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
          Romans 15:13
          Deuteronomy 31:6
          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Corvanti View Post
            very nice, alex!!!

yeah, the brakes are kinda important...

any paint colors in mind?
            Right now the roof is finished (all the bodywork and paint is done on it), but I have lots more to do on the body. The flat black is only a primer and I plan to take things slow for bodywork, but the finished product will still be a satin black, or something of that nature. At the moment I would rather put the time and money towards a cam and valvetrain than towards bondo and paint.
            Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
            Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
            Lizella, GA

Comment

message received and understood!

most of all, have fun with it...
              Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Working...
              X