Nice note from Mid-Michigan Motorplex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice note from Mid-Michigan Motorplex

"We" always see to it that the folks who produce The Pure Stock Muscle Car Drag Race get complimentary copies of the Turning Wheels in which the event is reported.

At the 2011 event last September, I finally met Mary Jo Ledford, owner of the facility. I got a separate mailing address for the track proper, to send her a copy of the January 2012 Turning Wheels.

She received it last week and sent "us" this nice thank you:

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Obviously, we StudeFolk are leaving a nice impression....
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Ya and lots of rubber, thanks Bob for your time and effort with this event it would go on but not as good. All I can say that more of our people need to get out there and see Ted and the others race, no one know how long we will get a chance to see Ted beat the big three, thanks Ted. been there done that.
      Candbstudebakers
      Castro Valley,
      California

Comment

Bob Peterson, you had to get the 2011 long-distance-by-driving-to-the-event award this year, didn't you? ('Can't beat Pekka's plane trip all the way from Finland, though!) <GGG> BP
        Last edited by BobPalma; 01-11-2012, 10:34 AM. Reason: spelling
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

He beat me for distance, but I was just glad to get there and back. It was my first distance shake down cruise. Great event, and Bob's reporting makes it all the better. Haven't seen the January TW, yet, but I'm glad the owner of the complex appreciated it, and I'm looking forward to going throught the reports.
          Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

You know the sentiment is real, and by a proper lady, since the time was taken to hand-write the note, as I was taught was proper.
            Last edited by Bob Andrews; 01-14-2012, 01:03 PM.
            Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
            Romans 15:13
            Deuteronomy 31:6
            Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
              Bob Peterson, you had to get the 2011 long-distance-by-driving-to-the-event award this year, didn't you? ('Can't beat Pekka's plane trip all the way from Finland, though!) <GGG> BP
              Bob my round trip miles was right at 6500 with the trailer most of the time and a car on the trailer for about 3/4 of the time, also one can not for get the wife and her power chair and my 2 little dogs, good trip hope to make it again, this was my number 2
              Candbstudebakers
              Castro Valley,
              California

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
                Bob my round trip miles was right at 6500 with the trailer most of the time and a car on the trailer for about 3/4 of the time, also one can not for get the wife and her power chair and my 2 little dogs, good trip hope to make it again, this was my number 2
                And was good to see you again Bob (and the rest of your "family"). Look forward to seeing you there again in the future.

Ted

Comment

Originally posted by Chicken Hawk View Post
                  And was good to see you again Bob (and the rest of your "family"). Look forward to seeing you there again in the future.

Ted
                  Ted I sure plan on it when ever I can, sure hope you will be making a few more runs.
                  Candbstudebakers
                  Castro Valley,
                  California

Comment

Working...
                  X