PDA

View Full Version : Turning Wheels still not here......

JRoberts
01-10-2012, 04:34 PM
Last month I did not get my December issue of Turning Wheel until the 14th of the month. It is now the 10th of January and I still have not received this month's issue. I don't think I know of any magazine whose monthly issues do not arrive prior to the beginning of the month of the issue. I used to get my Turning Wheels by the third of week of the month prior to the month of issue. What has happened?

coyote
01-10-2012, 04:45 PM
I have not received mine yet here in Northern Nevada. I usually receive it between the 1st and the 5th of each month.

r1lark
01-10-2012, 05:02 PM
Joe,

You probably don't want to hear this.......but mine came yesterday here in Winston-Salem. Haven't opened it yet, finishing a Kaiser-Frazer book a friend loaned me ("Kaiser-Frazer....Built to Better the Best") first.

41 Frank
01-10-2012, 05:34 PM
I received mine,forwarded from Nebraska, here in Arizona last Friday. Our mail is forwarded every Wednesday, so it had been there since before last Wednesday. I bet the problem lies in the system the US Mail uses to handle 4th class mail.

starliner62
01-10-2012, 05:52 PM
I was going to say that someone must have built a wall on the Mason-Dixon line, but I guess not. Still waiting patiently for mine.(foot tapping)

01-10-2012, 06:38 PM
Last month I did not get my December issue of Turning Wheel until the 14th of the month. It is now the 10th of January and I still have not received this month's issue. I don't think I know of any magazine whose monthly issues do not arrive prior to the beginning of the month of the issue. I used to get my Turning Wheels by the third of week of the month prior to the month of issue. What has happened?
Just got mine yesterday (eastern panhandle, West Virginia).

Corvanti
01-10-2012, 09:14 PM
nothing here yet... :(

HAWK64
01-10-2012, 09:20 PM
Guess what, mine arrived here in Melbourne by Australia Post today. Its a nice issue worth waiting for.

BobPalma
01-10-2012, 09:25 PM
Guess what, mine arrived here in Melbourne by Australia Post today. Its a nice issue worth waiting for.

You got January's already, Jim? Wow!

'Glad you enjoyed it. BP

mbstude
01-10-2012, 09:27 PM
Got mine a couple of weeks ago.

I got December's issue about 2-3 weeks before everyone else too.

It has to be a post office problem.

stephenj
01-10-2012, 10:55 PM
If it is a post office problem, Canada Post and the USPS are collaborating.

waynedavey62
01-10-2012, 11:23 PM
I received mine today also.

Dads Baby
01-11-2012, 01:21 AM
Mine still hasn't made its way to my mailbox. I think I know what has happened to mine. I got my membership renewal notice on Dec 20th. Paid it on line that night. Funny thing is my membership expired in October. Life gets in the way. Never got a notice but renewed asap! We got our new cards right away. The letter that came with them says "I will send you a letter six (6) weeks prior to your membership expiration date to remind you..." Oops! Six weeks late.

I wonder if I will get the January issue or if I will have to wait for February issue.

skyway
01-11-2012, 12:54 PM
Dunno about the delays, but when mine showed up on 1/9, it was as trashed as I've ever gotten.
Wrapper torn, and the mag looked as if it had been rotated whilst under the leg of a loaded chair.

studegary
01-11-2012, 12:57 PM

The January issue of TW was mailed six days late, so you still should have received it prior to the first of the month.