PDA

View Full Version : Orphan Car show upcoming in Feb

tbirdtbird
01-09-2012, 09:47 PM
The North Texas Chapter of the Hudson-Essex-Terraplane Club sponsors an orphan car show every Feb. It is an awesome show, and of course Studes are welcome. This year it is on Sat. Feb 25 in Denton, TX on 101 S. Locust St (Route 377) at the Wells Fargo Bank. Usually about 50 cars show up. It is called the Sweethearts and Orphans show, being that Feb is Valentine month and all. There are uisually 3-4 Hudson Hornets there (think the movie "Cars"), as well as a bunch of other neat stuff. Pre-reg is not necessary. I plan on bringing my '47 M5, and maybe my '50 Jeepster, right now both are original.

deco_droid
02-01-2012, 01:26 PM
I am in that area -- I will try to make it. Sounds like a good turnout. What are the times on Saturday by the way?

tomlewis
02-01-2012, 09:45 PM
It's a fun show. A couple of years ago I took my '47 Hudson pickup to this show when it was held in Weatherford Texas. I remember it being very cold and windy that particular day. Maybe I'll take my Avanti this year.
This is also the weekend for the annual swap meet in Decatur, Texas (about 28 miles from Denton). Also a good time. I haven't been to a swap meet for several months so I'm going through withdrawl

tbirdtbird
02-01-2012, 10:10 PM
'47 Hudson pickup....nice!!!! Would love to see that!
Show is about 9-2:30. Many will linger after 2:30
That Decatur meet is awesome. They always have the Orphan show that same weekend, figuring the ppl who travel longer distances have an event to go to on the Friday (prolly the best day of the meet), then the show Sat, and they wrap up Sun.
FYI it is a non-judged show, just for fun. I think there is a ppl's choice and a Chairman's award, tho
Deco_droid what are u taking?

deco_droid
02-02-2012, 12:15 PM
sounds good -- I would be driving a 66 Mustang GT fastback I have for sale. Long story, but once I sell that, I have a 1950 Commander Starlight coupe waiting for me.