First timer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First timer

We will be bringing our 48 Champ 2dr. I'm in the middle of putting it all back together, and it should be all done for the meet. I'm excited!

Excellent! Welcome aboard.

You're bringing a '48 all the way from Las Vegas? That's some feat; perhaps you can qualify for a loooooong-distance award, especially if you drive the car. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

the car is completely fresh. all I'm worried about is the heat, no a/c.

Comment

It's been done before, crank the windows down, have a cooler in the back seat full of ice water for hydration & enjoy the trip. (Follow old Route 66 if you can!)

Comment

Have a great time. It will be an adventure that all of us love.
          Joe Roberts
          '61 R1 Champ
          '65 Cruiser
          Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

I too am a first timer. I just recently bought an Avanti and plan to drive from Houston to South Bend. I have done the same with my old Corvettes, driving from Houston to Bowling Green KY several times for events. It is fun plus people on the road really enjoy seeing these American icons on the highway as God intended.

Joe
            75 Avanti, 61 Corvette, 73 Corvette, 95 Corvette, 61 Beech Baron, 1944 PBJ

Comment

I've been building and driving hot rods for over 40 years, this is my first venture with a Stude. This year, for the first time, we'll probably put our car on a trailer, and tow it behind our comfortable and air conditioned F-150.

Comment

My wife and I are driving to South Bend fo rthe first time from SoCal. We are driving Route 66 and have made motel reservations at most place along the route. My wife is organized! Driving my 64 Cruiser. Adding A/C in the next month, so I we drive in confort across the hot areas.

Mark

Comment

My car is 80 hp, 3 speed w/od. The trip going might not be so bad, but coming home won't be fun. I've been doing this for 40 yrs, and at my age, I just want a fun trip, so I'll trailer this time. If I was taking my 56 Chevy with LT1/4l60E, I'd drive. I hope we meet you there. Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Bullet View Post
                    My wife and I are driving to South Bend fo rthe first time from SoCal. We are driving Route 66 and have made motel reservations at most place along the route. My wife is organized! Driving my 64 Cruiser. Adding A/C in the next month, so I we drive in confort across the hot areas.

Mark
                    Air is going in my '65 Cruiser for the very same reason.
                    Joe Roberts
                    '61 R1 Champ
                    '65 Cruiser
                    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

FOR THOSE OF YOU TAKING ROUTE 66.....
                      I have a book to recommend. IMAGES of 66 by David Wickline. We followed 66 out to Glendale and in Missouri somewhere the book we were using was getting rougher to figure out every day. At one of our stops this book was recommended and it tells you what is where. Apparently Volume II is out and it guides you from West to East (mine went the way we were headed). It is full of photos as well. AND whenever you stop at museums, places mentioned, etc. ... they will sign your book.
                      Be sure that you stop in at the GAY PURITA station and garage at Paris Springs Junction; Gary will talk your arm off.
                      Don't pass up a burger at the ELBOW INN just east of Ft. Leonard Wood (They might want to add mama's bra to their ceiling collection).
                      It's a great trip!

Comment

We are headed ot from B.C. via a northern US Route and plan to drive all of Route 66 on our way home Via California.
                        13,000 + miles, 20 States 1 Province.
                        Driving 46 M Series with 1959 Simca Vedette (converted to teardrop) in tow.
                        Can't wait for this adventure to begin.
                        Good Roads
                        Brian & Sandi
                        Brian Woods
                        woodysrods@shaw.ca
                        1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

My first time cross country in an old car was '76, to the NSRA nationals in Tulsa OK in a 40 Ford coupe. This year will be the first time we will trailer our car, a 48 Champ 2dr. It doesn't have A/C, our F150 does. See you in South Bend.

Comment

Working...
                          X