• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got a Hawk yesterday

I got a 62 Hawk that had been Click image for larger version

Name:	1962 Studebaker 018.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	1734558my best friends in High School (class of 1969 ). It has been setting out and not used in 37 years. I know it goint to take alot of woClick image for larger version

Name:	1962 Studebaker 006.jpg
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	1734557rk but I hope to get back on the road. I will be asking for help from this form from time to time, It's going to be fun. Thanks TerryClick image for larger version

Name:	chuck naugal 012.jpg
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	1734556

Good Luck with the Hawk. GTs Are COOL!!
    Neil Thornton

Comment

That will be a great car when you are finished restoring it as it has a 4 speed trans and a full dash. The car doesn't appear to have much rust which makes the reatoration a whole bunch easier. I own a 62 Hawk with a 4 speed that I bought from the original owner in 1975. Mine is black with a red interior too. Bud

Comment

Originally posted by TMAN0950 View Post
        I got a 62 Hawk that had been [ATTACH=CONFIG]13207[/ATTACH]my best friends in High School (class of 1969 ). It has been setting out and not used in 37 years. I know it goint to take alot of wo[ATTACH=CONFIG]13206[/ATTACH]rk but I hope to get back on the road. I will be asking for help from this form from time to time, It's going to be fun. Thanks Terry[ATTACH=CONFIG]13205[/ATTACH]
        The Hawk photo with the other Studebakers makes me guess it came from Chuck Naugle's collection of Studebakers. Good luck with the restoration.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
        MELBOURNE.

Comment

I see reclining bucket seats,4 speed,and air conditionng!! Neat project!
          Oglesby,Il.

Comment

That'll keep you busy for a while, great piece to start with. Have fun!

Pat
            Pat Dilling
            Olivehurst, CA
            Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Not being critical, it just looks like the engine has been changed( 4 bolt valve covers). Does it have an oil filter on the passenger side, lower part of the block?

Comment

where is that field of Studes exactly?
                Last edited by BruceT; 01-08-2012, 09:48 AM. Reason: spelling
                1946 Studebaker M5 1/2 ton.....Got Parts?...rear view mirror,.?
                Studebaker Drivers Club Member
                Learning Respect for the Power of Rust more Every Day
                Studebaker Truck Farmer

Comment

Nice '61 Lark wagon in the background of photo three!

Comment

Sounds great and good luck. Looks like the Hawk had some good company the past 30 or so years.
                    Tom
                    sigpic

Comment

Great car to save! I've got a running '62 GT 4-spd. with nice interior that's got a bad frame and floor boxes that I'm hoping to find a solid shell and frame for. I had a '63 last year and it was a great driving car. When it's done you'll really enjoy it! Good luck with it.
                      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                      Romans 15:13
                      Deuteronomy 31:6
                      Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Looks like a well optioned car....nice colors too. Best of luck on your restoration

Comment

Terry ..
                          I am also in Tucson..
                          Yes..a lot of work..but in the end a rare and well optioned GT.

Best of times with your project..

Comment

Originally posted by BruceT View Post
                            where is that field of Studes exactly?
                            Chuck Naugle is still listed in the 2012 SDC Member Roster as living at Vail in Arizona.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
                            MELBOURNE.

Comment

Hi, the engine has been changed, I still may be able to find the orginal engine for it. If I can't find it I will go with this one if I can't find a 62 engine and change the valve covers to make it look right.

Comment

Working...
                              X